SharePoint Connector 126.96.36.199
The updated version of Jive SharePoint Connector is now available! If you have previously purchased the SharePoint Connector module and would like the latest version, create a case in your customer group, and we will reply with a link and password.
Please note that Jive SharePoint Connector is not in your Purchases, and not in the Plugin Downloads space. To get this updated version of Jive SharePoint Connector, you need to create a case in your customer group.
The 1.6.0 release includes the following key improvements. See the Release Notes for full details.
- Support for multiple SharePoint domains that communicate with Jive
- Identity mapping between Jive user IDs and SharePoint user IDs
- Numerous improvements to how SharePoint documents are streamed into a Jive community, including intelligent limits on the number of documents, a clearer permissions model and the ability to remove documents after disabling socialization
- Improved logging and diagnostics
- Beta support for Claims with SharePoint 2010
SharePoint Connector Compatibility Matrix: https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-47571
The SharePoint Connector supports Jive versions 4.5.4, 4.5.5, 188.8.131.52, 4.5.6, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, or 22.214.171.124, and on the Microsoft side supports Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2010, Microsoft Office SharePoint Foundation 2010, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0.
SharePoint Connector 126.96.36.199 hotfix 1
When documents are socialized to Jive, they enter Jive as new documents and kick of email notifications for Jive users that are receiving email notifications for the specific place; this is the default when you join a group.
First, if a user is socializing a site with say 5000 documents, this could result in 5000 emails being sent to all the group members.
Second, if socializing a site with a small number of files but to a group with thousands of members, this could again cause thousands of emails.
Unwanted emails for all newly socialized SharePoint documents even when they are not really new documents, just new to Jive.
As newly streamed documents enter jive, even though they are new to jive, they may be older than some threshold (like created weeks, months ago). If they are older then this configured threshold (see property below), then no email notifications will be sent. This prevents users getting emails for non-recent SharePoint streamed documents.
SharePoint Connector 188.8.131.52
11.16.11 Updated to fix the following issues. If you are upgrading to this version from 184.108.40.206, install only the Jive-side plugin. The SharePoint-side plugin remains unchanged, so you don't need to upgrade it.
- SP-1726: In some environments, Jive to SharePoint connection receives a 401 - Unauthorized message because it fails to generate the correct NT LAN Manager (NTLM) hashes.
SharePoint Connector 220.127.116.11
11.07.11 Updated to fix the following issues. If you are upgrading to this version, install only the SharePoint-side plugin. The Jive-side plugin remains unchanged, so you don't need to upgrade it.
- SP-1625: Jive users can see draft documents even when they do not have access to see drafts in SharePoint.
- SP-1673: Need to provide SharePoint Exchange site socialization metadata in the feed.