The upgrade of the Jive Community to 5.0 includes changes to workflow as well as additional functionality. The way that you interact with the community has changed, and there are several new ways you will be able to manage your cases.
As with the previous version of the Support Community, you can start by navigating to https://community.jivesoftware.com/support.jspa to be dropped onto your customer group.
Reviewing list of customer cases
The Overview tab is functionally unchanged, and still offers a convenient way to view and manually prioritize open cases.
The Support tab no longer exists. We didn't want to eliminate the location for our Support and customer documentation, so we made the Support Information tab the new place to deliver that information to you:
However, case browsing is now done from the Content tab, which relies on the Browse Framework of Jive 5.0 to provide a new and much more powerful way of browsing for cases:
- Navigate to your customer account group
- Click on the Content tab
- Here you'll see that you're automatically set to view the open cases for your account
- There are currently 6 filters you can choose from. For example, to see the cases currently waiting on you or your account, select the filter 'Waiting on Customer'
Also, you can now view your cases from your profile! This allows you to view just your cases. To do this, browse to your profile by clicking on your name in the upper right, or anywhere else your name appears. Click on the Content tab, then choose Cases and the filter you'd like! On the left, you can also filter to your authored cases, cases you participated in, or cases you are following:
Changes to the case creation screen
We have slimmed down the case creation screen slightly. We are no longer asking you for the component or asking you to clarify your request as a question, problem or feature request. Environment details are now more apparent on the right side of the case screen:
New ways to interact with support cases
Jive 5.0 supports more than just the traditional ways to respond to content (and support cases). You can review the core documentation here. In addition, support case updates now automatically set the case status to "Waiting for Jive" to put the next action on Jive Support:
- When you reply to a support case from the thread view page.
- When you reply via the Communications Stream or the Activity Stream.
- When you reply via email (this is not new functionality, but wanted to document it here as well).
- Colleague Content tab has been removed.
- Product Issue Cases tab has been removed. We plan to replace this within the content tab soon.
- New 5.0 environments available.
- Create case is not in Create menu.
- Cannot filter cases by severity - this was previously possible with the Support tab in a customer group.
- Several issues where cases are erroneously identified as discussions.
- Icon choices and slight sizing issues.