According to this blog, its been nearly 3 weeks since my last update, and needless to say there has been quite a bit going down. So without further ado, let's get this party started!
System Announcement Recap:
Jive Community Scheduled Maintenance - Friday, 03/30/2012 @ 8PM PST
The Jive Community will be going down for scheduled maintenance to allow us time to roll out some new features and functions. During this time, the community will be unavailable. The estimated downtime should be less than 1 hour.
Note: This maintenance will only affect this community, and will not impact other Jive hosted communities.
In this episode of Hats Off, I'd like to give a shout out to a group of people. That group being everyone who has submitted (or will submit) a JiveWorld12 presentation proposal. As I said in this blog post, Interested in speaking at JiveWorld12? Here's your chance!, JiveWorld is a conference for the people, by the people. A common piece of feedback each year has been, we want more customer stories and speaker, and it all starts with the customer submissions. If you are even remotely considering sharing your story, idea, or topic, I strongly encourage you to at least submit an abstract (complete or incomplete). In some cases, we may be able to pair you up with other customers as co-presenters on related topics.
Are you ready to share your story at JiveWorld12? If so, share your topic before April 1st!
What Have I Been Doing?
Where to begin? Let's just knock this out with a bullet list for simplicity:
- Launched the [Archived] #socbiz Collective community blog, and am already working with 2 authors already on the inaugural posts, with more to come!
- Posted my theory of Social Business Evolution : The Evolution of a "Social Business" ... how evolved is your social business?
- Attended SXSW and ran into Deb Ng, the Director of Community at BlogWorld and author of Online Community Management for Dummies.
- Attended the kick-off of the Texas User Group at our Jive SXSW event, check out my other profile picture.
- It's the result of our party people tagging experiment gone a rye.
- Nominated for the Community Manager of the Year award (see Announcing the Community Manager of the Year 2012 Award ... )
- Granted, it doesn't take much to be nominated, but flattered by the thought. =)
- Evaluating the Jive Community profile, and incrementally making changes.
- Made a lot of pretty pictures, but more on that later. Can you see a pattern? If so, its starting to work.
- Released a new "Source Tracking" feature in the Admin Essentials Plugin
- Created a new plugin, the Unsubscribe Email Plugin based on user feedback, which should be deployed to the JC next Friday.
- All this, and orchestrating a lot of cool stuff that is on the horizon (some of which will be going live next week!), so stay tuned!
As I stated during my last update. Given the flurry of projects going on in the JC, things are moving a mile a minute. When things are close to being released, I will probably provide an update; however, during periods where there are long levels of planning and development, and nothing I can show, these posts can get pretty dry. As such, I'll make the posts when there is something to tell...hopefully every 2 weeks, but definitely at least once a month to make sure we keep in touch. Does that sound fair?
In the mean time, I will continue to highlight users on the community main page, as a form of recurring Hats Off recognition.
Speaking of which:
Does anyone have interest in holding nominations for an annual "Jive Community Champion" award? If so, let me know.
What are your Thoughts?
If you were the community manager, where would you focus your time? Help me understand what's important to you and help me incorporate that into my road map.
Remember: This is not MY Community ... this is OUR Community!
Ryan Rutan - Your Community Manager