It's been an eventful few weeks here in the JC ... so this is whats going down.
System Announcement Recap:
Profile Privacy Reminder - Please double check your profile privacy settings.
If you are having trouble @mentioning someone, chances are they have hidden their Name inadvertently. Double check your profile to make sure others aren't experiencing the same problem. See Getting Started in the Jive Community - Steps to Setup Your User Profile for details.
In this episode of Hats Off, I'd like to give a shout out and welcome to all the members of our newest Regional User Group, Singapore Regional Group. Most specifically, Esther Goh. Ever since joining the Jive Community a few weeks ago she has been doing a great job digging in and asking questions about the Jive platform, and we wish her the best in her journey into social business. If you have some words of wisdom for Esther, I'm sure she would be grateful. All this from a simple status update about rabbits! Karotz::Home =)
Just starting in the Jive Community? Post a status update, and let us know how we can help!
What Have I Been Doing?
Well, first off, I'd like to say hello after a nice long sabbatical. I spent a week relaxing on a beach, while hand feeding honey badgers from my hammock in t.... I wish! In fact, the last week or so I have been fighting a pretty mean cold. While I was able to stay on top of nominal tasks in the JC, many of my more high-touch tasks fell off the radar, including the Our Voice blog.
While I was out, here are some of the changes that you may have noticed:
- Facebook Module has been turned on (again) - Check it out!
- Jive Apps have finally been turned on in the Jive Community! - More information to come on this! =)
- The new Community Launch Best Practices project in the The specified item was not found. to talk about Jive 5 Community Upgrades / Launches.
- For people like Bill Chamberlain, Tracy Maurer, Tammie Reed, and Sam Ciaramilaro who will soon be able to say, "been there done that" and share what worked!
- Note: Any experience from the Jive External Communities or Jive Internal Communities is also welcome.
- Talk to Barry Tallis if you have any questions about what to share or how best to share it! =)
Moving forward, for the sake of updates and time, I am considering moving these Jive Community Manager Blog updates to a bi-monthly (2x/month) basis. What do you think?
Also, for those who dont know me...I love using Economic Supply Demand Curves to explain things. Dont ask me why, but they always seem to make sense to me.
Here's my latest use of them: Do Social Technologies Cause Less Email?
Over the coming weeks you will notice a large number of groups/spaces being revealed that will relate to some of the new information architecture patterns in the Jive Community I've been working on. So that is a short-answer to a long-tail of changes that are up and coming.
What are your Thoughts?
If you were the community manager, where would you focus your time? Help me understand what's important to you and help me incorporate that into my road map.
Remember: This is not MY Community ... this is OUR Community!
Ryan Rutan - Your Community Manager