6 AM. It's a little too early for my brain to be functioning, however, when my dogs wake me up with their list of demands there's nothing else to do but make a fresh start to the day.
Could you resist these faces? I think not.
And once my mind is even a tiny bit awake, I start thinking. What am I thinking about, you ask? I am so glad that you want to know.
I'm thinking about you. And the Jive Community.
In the last three weeks, I have been trying to get a handle on the work that's been done in Jive with an aim towards making the Jive Community better. It's a serious project, folks. Lots of documents, schedules, budgets, discussions, and of course, meetings meetings and more meetings.
I'm going to pull the curtain aside for just a moment to let you in on a little secret. Jive is just like you -- we are just like any other company. Don't get me wrong, the answer to "do we engage in social business?" is always going to be an unqualified "for shizzle!" (which means yes, BTW). At the same time, we still have stakeholders, committees, collaborative decision making, and all of the other things that can slow down progress.
In all of this, I can't stop thinking about you. At the end of the day, you don't care about our budgets or who will do what. You just want to get answers and make your own sites better. I'm feeling you, I really am.
So I'm going to start my own group in the community called: Community Help.
The unofficial slogan will be: Getting 'Er Done in the JC: Making your experience better.
Off the top of my head, I'd like to address:
- Are you new to the Jive Community? Tips for getting started. See The specified item was not found.
- Profiles - best practices for completing them. (side note: we are looking at how can we make these more meaningful as customers, partners and Jive employees.) Not yet done.
- Rules of engagement - seems pretty basic, but the Jive Community does not have these. Say what? It's true. Terms and Conditions
- Getting around the JC (that's the Jive Community) - most people who come here are looking for answers. My bet is that there are some pretty well-worn paths that people take and I'd like to make these clearer to navigate. About the JiveWorks Community
- Jive information integration - there's a lot going on outside the JC that should be more integrated within the community, such as the support documentation, the Jive Software web site, and others. Let's get people pointed in the right direction. We are redesigning our home page to search from multiple web locations for answers, hope to have that done by the end of the month.
Other important things to note:
- Look-and-feel - that's right, the Jive Community will be getting a makeover. We've got a brand refresh in the works which is happening through the summer months (into August) and we will be making the JC look gorgeous as a result. In the meantime, I'll be focusing on the points above.
- One last tidbit: SPAM. We've had quite a lot of it lately, so I'd like to ask for your help in flagging posts that do not belong in the Jive Community. Sales pitches, links to outside web sites, you get the picture. You can flag them and they will land in the moderation line-up. Max and I will be working on buttoning the site up to unwanted posts. See Best Practices for Spam Management in Jive (NOTE: you'll have to join the Jive Customer's group to see the post).
I'm off to go make my new group now and will add the link back into Community Help here...