Case #70229: Trying to connect Livestream as a widget into Jive

Description:

Stewart felt you could help with this. Here is the thread I got from internal folks explaining the need, and showing the code we need to embed and not have stripped. I'll admit, this is all very new to me, so handholding is necessary. Time is of the essence as well, due to the deadline on when this would need to be in place. If we can't meet the deadlines, I'd still like to proceed with setting this up. But I need to know ASAP if this is doable. And if it is, what problems might we encounter. For example, will the fact that we are running via HTTPS cause issues? Will we be able to stream live?

We just got out of a meeting in which we discussed the desire by Tony Uphoff to hold a series of town-hall-style meetings which we would video broadcast live to Techweb employees around the world.  He would like to use the UBM wiki to host the player for this video broadcast, to help drive wiki participation, and because it already has a permissioning system that would keep these meetings limited to employees only.  There is one sticking point however: Clearspace doesn't support LiveStream (our live video streaming partner) as a video embedding option.

Could you twist some arms at Jive to add Livestream (www.livestream.com) to Clearspace's video embedding options?  Here is sample of embedding code used by the Livesteam player, to give Jive an idea of the tags/parameters that Clearspace would need to not strip out:

<script src="http://static.livestream.com/scripts/playerv2.js?channel=interoptv&layout=playerEmbedDefault&backgroundColor=0xffffff&backgroundAlpha=1&backgroundGradientStrength=0&chromeColor=0x000000&headerBarGlossEnabled=true&controlBarGlossEnabled=true&chatInputGlossEnabled=false&uiWhite=true&uiAlpha=0.5&uiSelectedAlpha=1&dropShadowEnabled=true&dropShadowHorizontalDistance=10&dropShadowVerticalDistance=10&paddingLeft=10&paddingRight=10&paddingTop=10&paddingBottom=10&cornerRadius=3&backToDirectoryURL=null&bannerURL=null&bannerText=null&bannerWidth=320&bannerHeight=50&showViewers=true&embedEnabled=true&chatEnabled=true&onDemandEnabled=true&programGuideEnabled=false&fullScreenEnabled=true&reportAbuseEnabled=false&gridEnabled=false&initialIsOn=true&initialIsMute=false&initialVolume=10&contentId=null&initThumbUrl=null&playeraspectwidth=16&playeraspectheight=9&mogulusLogoEnabled=true&width=400&height=400&wmode=window" type="text/javascript"></script>

Tony would like to do his first town hall on March 11, to give you an idea of the time frame.  Let me know if this is possible.

Latest Comment: Feb 11, 2013 5:03 AM by Tracy Maurer

Comments

More Like This