The following update pertains only to this Jive Community at the URL: community.jivesoftware.com.
In order to comply with data privacy regulations, Jive will be introducing privacy-friendly default settings to improve user control over the use of profile data. Any fields containing personal data (any information that could be used to identify a person) will be default set to be private to the User (or "Yourself").
- Email (personal and company)
- Phone (personal and company)
- The default for Name, Email, and Phone fields in Jive Community profiles will be set to 'Yourself'. This will reset any settings you may have made previously to your profile privacy.
- Most other fields will be set to 'Registered Users'...
- With the exception of Username, WorkType and Profile Images which will be set to 'Public'.
- Other fields will be removed:
- Home address
- Alternate name
- Alternate phone number and email
- Provide transparency and options for users to make informed decisions about the use of their personal data;
- To foster and maintain user trust through clear information about how their information will be shared;
- Comply with user rights recognized in national, regional and international privacy frameworks and respect the privacy standards of all countries where Jive operates; and
- Discourage and/or further improve measures against illegal activities, such as spamming or identity theft.
- Under your profile menu, select >
- Update your profile setting for for the visibility you prefer.
- Select at the bottom of the screen.
* Any setting changes made prior to the reset on August 1 will be updated to the default as a result of this change. Please wait until AFTER August 1 to make any changes to your privacy settings.
Note: If you are unable to save your settings (see comments below), please check that you have the Company, Title, and Expertise fields completed in your profile before you attempt to save the new privacy settings.