Each year, the Society for New Communications Research presents the prestigious SNCR Excellence in New Communications Awards. The Society’s prestigious awards program honors individuals, corporations, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and media outlets that are innovating the use of social media and Internet communications technologies (ICT) in the areas of business, media, journalism and professional communications, entertainment, education, social initiatives, government and politics.
Full information on this award can be found online, and I've provided some highlighted details below:
· There are 6 leading categories for submission
· In 2010, in addition to the 6 awards categories, awards entitled “Commendations of Merit and Commendations of Excellence” were also presented to nearly 30 additional organizations that submitted case studies to the awards program.
· Submissions are $75 each, with winning case studies having been published in previous years
· If selected, awards are given at the SNCR Research Symposium & Awards Gala held on Thursday, November 3rd through Friday, November 4th at Harvard University, in Cambridge, MA
· In addition to the gala, a press release will be issued announcing the winners, which recipients typically leverage for outreach (recipients also have issued a press release on their respective wins)
The deadline for the submission is Friday, September 9, 2011.