This challenge is all about creating interesting memes related to social business, and having fun in the process! It's simple!
- Create your very own custom #socbiz meme poster, and share it in the Jive Community as a status update for open round voting by March 14th, 2013 11:59 PM PST
- Get your friends and colleagues to join in on the fun!
- Get your friends and colleagues to like your submission in the Jive Community.
- Top 10 most liked submissions during the open round will move on to the final round.
- Get your friends and colleagues to vote for your submission in the Jive Community starting March 18th, 2013 8:00 AM PST
- Also, earn more votes by getting followers on Twitter engaged. (see: How to Win, below)
- Top 3 finalist in the final round will win an iPad Mini! (prizes contingent on participation, see: Prizes, below)
- Best in Show will also receive a 36" x 24" framed version of their motivational poster! (up to $100 in value)
- (see: Rules & Restrictions, below)
Winners will be announced in the Jive Community on March 26th, 2013 12:00 PM PST and via Twitter @JiveSoftware
What is a Meme?
An Internet meme may take the form of an image, hyperlink, video, picture, website, or hashtag. It may be just a word or phrase, including intentionally misspellings. These small movements tend to spread from person to person via social networks, blogs, direct email, or news sources. - Wikipedia
For the sake of this challenge, a meme can be considered any digital picture with a word, or phrase, intended to elicit a humorous response.
Format : (De)Motivation Posters
All meme's submitted for this competition must be in the style of a traditional (de)motivational poster.
Style requirements: 1 large centered image (image can be composite of images), 1 Word (minimum) either below or inside the image.
Image requirements: JPG/PNG with minimum resolution of 480x320 (landscape or portrait). 1024x768 or larger. (preferred)
Theme : Social Business
- What is it about social business that you get that no one else seems to understand?
- What is it about the old way to business makes social business so much better?
- What is it about your job that social business / technologies makes better?
- What is it about the social business industry that you find interesting, exciting or humorous?
The above suggestions not helping you out? Not feeling creative? Just ask yourself … "What would the Honey Badger or Chuck Norris do?" … and then make all that funny!
Here are a few inspirational samples:
- Search for inspiration
- Read the suggested brainstorming questions. (see: Theme, above)
- Find Your Image
- Note: You must not, in participating with this challenge, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- When in doubt, use an original photo taken from your phone/camera
- Create Your Poster - Here are few links that might help:
- quickmeme - an online meme generator
- DIY Demotivator - an online motivation poster generator
- Note: If you want a # in the Title, use %23 instead of #
- Also, taking a cropped screenshot of your preview may be the fast option to get your picture
- pixlr - an online photo editor
- Submit your Poster - Use the page to simplify your submission to the Jive Community!
- It is recommended that you @mention community in your update.
- Rinse and Repeat as much as necessary.
- 3 x iPad Mini 16GB (WiFi only) - (color chosen by winner)
- 1 x 36" x 24" framed motivational poster for Best in Show (up to $100 in value)
- All participants will receive a limited edition 2013 #meme March Madness badge and 500 points in the Jive Community.
- Minimum of 10 participants OR 30 submissions required to unlock the 1st Place - iPad Mini
- In the event there are not enough participants and/or submissions, the submission with the most likes during open voting will win the challenge
- Minimum of 25 participants OR 60 submissions required to unlock the 2nd Place - iPad Mini
- Minimum of 50 participants OR 100 submissions required to unlock the 3rd Place - iPad Mini
How to Win
|Open Round||Final Round|
- Starts: Now
- Ends: March 14th, 2013 11:59 PM PST
- Judging Criteria:
- 100% - Most likes in the Jive Community on the status updates during the open round voting window.
- Starts: March 18th, 2013 8:00 AM PST
- Ends: March 22nd, 2013 11:59 PM PST
- Judging Criteria:
- 60% - Most votes in the Jive Community final round poll.
- 40% - Most retweets of participant's designated @JiveSoftware tweet.
Rules & Restrictions
- must have an active Jive Community profile to be eligible to win prizes.
- must post their submissions as a status updates in the Jive Community with the photo attached (see: community)
- Submission must adhere to the meme format, style and image requirements.
- are allowed to submit as many times as they wish; however, no more than 2 submissions from a single participant will be allowed in the final round.
- If multiple photos qualify for the final round, participants can opt to enter only 1 of their 2 photos placed into the final round.
- This request must be submitted to Ryan Rutan at least 24 hours before final round voting begins.
- must have copyright ownership or use of of all images and text in their submission.
- Submissions must be original creations. Plagiarized materials are not eligible for grand prize consideration.
- must maintain professional courtesy and conduct with all parties related to this challenge at all times, including Jivers, participants, and industry vendors.
- There should be no illicit language or imagery in any content submitted to this challenge.
- Any submissions deemed inappropriate, bad taste, or not in good sportsmanship will be discarded from the challenge.
- caught cheating, or acting in an unethical manner, will be removed from the challenge along with ALL their submissions.
- Restriction: Previous grand prize winners of Jive Community Games in the same calendar year (2013) are not eligible to win prizes in this challenge.
- Restriction: Jive employees are not eligible for grand prizes; however, are eligible to submit to the contest.
See: Disclaimer (below) for more details
Jive Software, Inc. makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize or entrant participation in the JiveWorld12 Game Series (“Game Series”). By participating or entering into the Game Series or receipt of any prize, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Jive Software, Inc., and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “released parties”) from and against any claim, cause of action or any other loss which may occur in connection with the Game Series. Entrant agrees to hold released parties harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Game Series or the acceptance, receipt, possession, or misuse of the prize. Jive Software, Inc. and each of its officers, directors, employees, members, and representatives and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with, acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of prizes awarded or participation in this Game Series. Jive Software, Inc. is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Game Series. Prizes cannot be substituted, converted to cash, assigned, or transferred by winners. Jive Software, Inc. reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the featured prize become unavailable for any reason. Jive Software, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow the rules, restrictions and regulations or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Game Series and redemption of a prize. By participation or submission of any entry for this Game Series, entrant agrees to abide by these rules and any decision Jive Software, Inc. makes regarding this Game Series, which Jive Software, Inc. shall make in its sole discretion. Jive Software, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Jive Software Inc.’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Jive Software, Inc.’s site, the entry or participation process, intentionally submits more than a single entry, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.