For those of you who haven't noticed, we recently launched a new program in the Jive Developers community,
As part of this program, Jive is growing our Developer eco-system to spread the word about building solutions and integrating with Jive. Part of that growth is to recognize and distinguish developers for skills they possess on the Jive Platform. The first badge in this recognition program is the Jive Platform badge.
What is the Jive Platform Developer Skill Badge
At its core, this badge represents a person's understanding of how to build integrations with Jive. This includes not only demonstrating a clear understanding of Jive as a collaboration platform, but also a high-level understanding of each Jive integration pattern and when to employ them to achieve success.
Earning more skill badges and being active in the Jive Developer Community are ways you can level-up your reputation in the Jive Developers community and win prizes in the 2013-14 Jive Developer Program
How to earn the Jive Platform Developer Skill Badge
To earn this badge, you can do one of two tasks:
- Write a blog post in the Jive Developers community that talks about an integration you are considering building. In this blog post, be sure to mention:
- What role(s) does Jive play in the integration? (required)
- What role(s) does (REMOTE SYSTEM) play in the integration? (required)
- What integration patterns do you plan to build and what will they do at a high-level? (i.e. tiles, apps, esf, cartridges, etc...) (required)
- How do they work together? (if, applicable)
- Share any screenshots/mockups that help support what you want to build (optional)
- Alternatively, if you are not the blogging sort, work with Mark Weitzel or myself offline to privately discuss your integration story.
Finding Community Members Who Can Help
With each of these blog posts introducing various skills, we will highlight some community members that have already earned this badge and would be great people to reach out to help you in the community should you have any questions! They are all just an @mention away! But as always, myself and Mark Weitzel are always here to help!
Are you interested in joining the ranks of Jive Developers? Interested in learning more about all the integration offerings available in Jive? Or perhaps, you are just interested in the chance to tech talk and win prizes in the 2013-14 Jive Developer Program? Either way, reach out and let us know how you see your Jive integrations working, and let's build something great together!