If you've been following any of our recent blog posts, such as:
- Announcing a Tri-Hackathon at JiveWorld16 Developer Conference w/Limited Edition T-Shirt
- JiveWorld16 Developer Tri-Hackathon Registration (FREE) is Now Open!
- Top 3 Reasons to Attend the JiveWorld16 Developer Conference
then you might know that we have an amazing agenda planned for you, see the full agenda here, at the JiveWorld16 Developer Conference.
But knowing the agenda and being ready for the conference are two completely different things. Our goal for the JiveWorld Developer Conference is to be extremely interactive and hands-on, that way developers can head back to their jobs with momentum to start their next Jive integration using their new skills. To help achieve this goal, we've put together a quick guide for developers (old and new) on how to best to prepare for the best Jive developer event of the year!
Getting Ready for the Tri-Hackathon
The Tri-Hackathon will test your skills in the following hacker disciplines: coding, trivia and video games. While trivia and video games will be difficult to suggest recommended training programs, the coding challenge is a bit easier.
- Register for the Jive Developer Sandbox, see instructions: How to Access the Official Jive Developer Sandbox
- Install the Jive SDK for Node.js ... or familiarize yourself with one of our open-source in-progress SDKs on GitHub.
- Install ngrok on your laptop. This will give you ultimate flexibility on the conference WiFi allowing the Jive Developer Sandbox to communicate with your local dev environment.
- Check out Ngrok: Warp Speed for Your Integration Iterations for installation details and a quick run-down.
<hint>Take a look and maybe try some of the node.js tutorials, this might come in handy. </hint>
JiveWorld14 Presentation Videos
If you are new to the Jive platform, it is a good idea to get up to speed before attending the conference. Don't worry! You can revisit all the exceptional presentations from JiveWorld14 below to get started on the right foot!
|Recommended||Optional, but Good|
Developer Prizes / Awards
Per the previously mentioned blog post, there will be some prizes and badges awarded. Here is a breakdown of all the opportunities to win, big and small!