• Work Anniversaries Recognition Script

Don't you wish Jive notified you about work-anniversaries like Linkedin? Now it can with this simple integration we've open-sourced.   This script generates status messages in the group of your choosing announc...
    edmiidz
    last modified by edmiidz
  • Upload a local file using the Jive API

Binary documents can be upload using the Jive v3 API.  This is an example (for Jive 6.x and above) of uploading a local file into a Jive Group using the cURL command from within a shell script.   curl -i -v...
    jasonnew
    last modified by jasonnew
  • Swagger for Jive - An Open Source Add-On for the Open API Initiative

What is Swagger (a.k.a. The Open API Initiative) Swagger is a growing REST API documentation standard that comprises multi-stages of the software development life-cycle.  The standard is designed to allow archit...
    Ryan Rutan
    created by Ryan Rutan
  • Using webhooks for Jive integrations

Hello Jivers, Recently I have been using webhooks heavily for some of our integrations. Its one awesome feature in the Jive platform which can have great use cases.   Basically the Jive webhook services notifi...
    pawans
    last modified by pawans
  • Bookmarklet for displaying Jive content IDs

This is something we've been using on our site for a while; I've updated the code so that I can share it with fellow Jive developers. Bookmarklets are browser bookmarks that contain JavaScript code. When you click the...
    mcollinge
    last modified by mcollinge
  • Using Curl for Fun and Profit

Let's face it: The V3 API is AWESOME!!! When we set out to create V3, we had one ambitious goal: Anything the Jive UI could do, you could do with V3. On top of that, we wanted to make sure we incorporated all of the "...
    craig.mcclanahan
    last modified by craig.mcclanahan
  • Content Manager App - The idea into reality

Hello JiveMinds,          We have come up with some solution for the ideas mentioned in the https://community.jivesoftware.com/ideas/4183 post. The solution that we have designed con...
    siddhartha107
    last modified by siddhartha107
  • A New Chapter for the Jive Developer Community (and Me) at Jive

Backstory A New Chapter for Ryan Rutan at Jive A New Chapter for the Jive Developer Community My Last Jive Developer Ask of You Before we get started on the New Chapter, I thought it might be prudent ...
    Ryan Rutan
    last modified by Ryan Rutan
  • Searching Zendesk Help Center from Jive

We're all excited about the Enterprise-wide Search announced at JiveWorld17.   But what if you cannot wait?   Since I embarked on my career of architecting knowledge bases and search solutions, I've always ...
    edmiidz
    created by edmiidz
  • [Custom Tiles] Featured Team members with their roles

Hello all,   At ThoughtWorks we have created the custom tile which is  created using jive's tile feature. We have developed the tile to show the key members with their roles and images which is called 'Featu...
    manalit
    created by manalit
  • [Custom Tiles] Featured Items with background Images

Hello JiveMinds,   We ,at ThoughtWorks, have created the custom view tiles and like to share the learnings/implementations of the same.   We have used Tiles feature of the Jive to make sure the information i...
    siddhartha107
    last modified by siddhartha107
  • Introducing the JiveDev QuickStart App

If you were there with us at JiveWorld17, you know that we announced the jivedev QuickStart App's availability in the Global Registry. That means that not only is it available in our sandbox AND JiveWorks community fo...
    rashedtalukder
    last modified by rashedtalukder
  • Speedier Custom View Tiles with Gala

We have some exciting news to share for Jive Cloud customers! There was a lot of requests to increase the performance of Custom View Tile's load times and to satisfy that without compromising security, we're p...
    rashedtalukder
  • JiveWorld17//Developers ... It's a Wrap!

Making It Even Easier to Develop Jive Add-Ons Getting Your Race On at the Jive Derby Future of the Jive API & Documentation Cool IoT Demos for the Enterprise Collaboration Developer Days is Coming ...
    Ryan Rutan
    created by Ryan Rutan
  • Sneak peek of the new awesome discussion tile (custom view tile)

The last several weeks I was implementing a new custom view tile to show discussions in a forum like manner.     Features - show discussions with subject, author, creation date and place as a tile in page ...
    jgoldhammer
    last modified by jgoldhammer
  • Bookmarklet for displaying page metadata (handy for SEO tasks)

This is the second bookmarklet we use to help with our work on element14 Community. If you're not sure what bookmarklets are, I explain them in this other blog post; Bookmarklet for displaying Jive content IDs   ...
    mcollinge
    last modified by mcollinge
  • Using the Jive REST API from a .Net application

We are using Microsoft technologies for a number of our services and products. Most recently our Windows Phone app for Jive.   Using the Jive REST API from a .Net/C# application is actually very straightforward,...
    nilsheuer
    created by nilsheuer
  • They made me play with Legos

Check out the JiveWorld17 Vlog (episode 3) about the Jive Derby.   Fun with Ryan Rutan and Roguen Keller    
    sleuendorff
    last modified by sleuendorff
  • Dev Tool: Using the Simple Stream Integration Builder with StatusPage.io (1 of 3)

This is step-by-step tutorial on how to use the Simple Stream Integration Builder to create a simple activity stream integration with StatusPage.io. This will enable you to get a one-way webhook-style activity stream ...
    rashedtalukder
  • From Zero to Cloud Service in 20 minutes using the Jive SDK and Heroku

In this post I am going to show you how to create a public cloud service, have it deployed on Heroku, and then have it pushing data into a Purposeful Place on a cloud Jiveon instance. This should be of interest for an...
    aron.racho
    last modified by aron.racho