Skip navigation
1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next

Jive Talks

708 posts

Screen shot 2013-10-24 at 9.42.04 AM.png

What an amazing presentation by Thomson Reuters this morning! Their presentation outlined the company's transformation efforts and success through the use of Jive.   Moderated by Michael Moore, Global Head of Internal & Online Communications, he shared the vision of what Thomson Reuters was looking to achieve with Jive. They wanted an intranet solution that provided find-ability, connect-ability and simplicity in one place.

Screen shot 2013-10-23 at 6.52.51 PM.png

Jane Moran, Global CIO, video-ed in to discuss her technology vision, to share what was critical to the needs of the business and to share the process they went through when choosing a social intranet. Prior to Jive, a team of 10 shouldered the responsibility of managing and maintaining their old technology platform.

HK Dunston (HK Dunston), VP Communications, shared their strategy for roll out and how they have achieved success with three main tactics:

• Building a coalition
  • Committing to a simple technology approach with few customizations
  • Committing to a partnership with Jive

Edward Ford, their fantastic Enterprise Community Manager, discussed how he made it happen via decommissioning systems, working day-to-day with teams in their transition and fully integrating Jive. Since Jive was introduced, there has been a 100% adoption both internally and externally!

Michael Moore then wrapped up with some jaw-dropping success metrics (as revealed in some of the tweets below), lessons learned, and discussed more on his vision of the future.

Great Pictures From The Presentation

Screen shot 2013-10-24 at 9.41.54 AM.png

Screen shot 2013-10-24 at 9.41.44 AM.png

Screen shot 2013-10-24 at 9.41.36 AM.png

Revealing Live Tweets From The Presentation

Screen shot 2013-10-23 at 1.00.59 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-10-23 at 1.01.28 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-10-23 at 1.01.38 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-10-23 at 1.01.47 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-10-23 at 1.02.01 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-10-23 at 1.05.58 PM.png

DSC05902.JPG

An insightful and hilarious presentation this morning!  Everything from modern-day social geniuses running businesses, to cavemen fighting saber-toothed tigers in fight or flight modes were incorporated into the 'Make It So' Session Dr. Eddie Obeng shared with all of us.  Here are some great quotes form his incredibly entertaining talk:

"Humans are terrible animals not designed for change. Sure, you like change you do, but not changes others do to you."
"As smart people, we're doing dumb stuff."
“A conference call = 1 person talking and 26 people continuing to do their email.”
"Employees fear change, talk to them about things that are familiar."

DSC05934.JPG

Tweets From The Presentation

SheSquad  SheSquadSocial  on Twitter.png

Twitter   JiveWorld   You like the change you do  ....png

For those of you who want to relive this fast paced keynote, videos will be available soon in the Jive Community.

What struck you the most during Dr. Obeng's amazing discussion? Share your thoughts and wisdom about what you learned below!

Today marks the 5th anniversary of JiveWorld, and I'm happy to sport the digital badge of having been to every one!

I've seen a lot of amazing things at this conference over the years; however, I've never been more proud to be part of the event as I was today.  I got to lead this year's Social Business Boot Camp with Frank Pathyil.  This unique day-long session brings together social newbies with experienced veterans to have an open, honest conversation. This year, there were no slides, no product demos, no boring speakers.  Just pure social conversation.

Since I'm a social junkie, I thought the best way to recap today's event through social content.

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 4.27.52 PM.png

As you can see, it was a day of debate, fun, and most important, best practice sharing.  To continue the conversation with other attendees or panelists, join the JiveWorld365 group.

Screen shot 2013-10-15 at 11.01.00 AM.pngThis year we've made it even easier to win 1 of 11 iPad Minis during JiveWorld13! It's so easy in fact that your simple preparations for attending JiveWorld13 may pay off big time. In order to get a head-start on your competition, make sure you download the JiveWorld13 Mobile App. Your Jive Community credentials are required to log into the app, so make sure that your name, profile and avatar are in good condition as they will be pulled into the JiveWorld13 Mobile App.

Check out an overview of all the JiveWorld13 games and good luck completing all the challenges!

JiveWorld13 Gamification Easel Sign (3)small.png

jiveworld13-mobile-app-logo.png

You can download the JiveWorld13 Mobile App now for iPad, iPhone, Android, and Mobile Web.

https://jiveworld13.quickmobile.mobi/

If you have not yet signed up for JiveWorld13, now is the time: Registration - JiveWorld13

iStock_000001044520Small.jpgI have been fortunate enough to attend EVERY JiveWorld either as a customer or an employee. There is nothing like it! After each event, I leave feeling energized, inspired and empowered.  I wish every Jive customer, partner and fan could join me in Vegas next week.  Since that's not possible, I would like to bring a bit of the excitement to the community members stuck at home. 

As a thank-you gift to you for being the best community on the planet, Jive is going to be broadcasting the JiveWorld13 keynotes live

You will be able to hear amazing presentations from speakers like Tony Zingale, CEO of Jive; Oudi Antebi, SVP of Product Management at Jive; Krissy Espindola, T-Mobile's Director of Social Customer Support; and HK Dunston, Thomson Reuter's VP of Digital Communications.

I got a sneak peek into the main-stage rehearsal and know you're in for a treat.  We are going to be featuring transformational customer stories, deep dives into Jive's new product features, and insight into the future of Social Business.

The sessions will be at 8:30 am PST on 10/23 and 10/24.  Reserve your spot!

In addition to the live broadcasts, there are other ways to follow the action from your desk:

• Read the JiveWorld365 and Jive Talks blogs for in-depth coverage live from the show.
  • Follow @JiveWorld for highlights of everything from customer sessions to parties.
  • Subscribe to our YouTube channel for exclusive product and customer videos.
  • What happens in Vegas stays on Jive's Instagram. We will have roaming photographers to bring you the best (and funniest) situations from the conference.
  • We'll also be broadcasting the big stuff on Facebook, Google + and LinkedIn, if you prefer those networks.

Look forward to connecting with you online next week!

belinda.joseph

Get Real at JiveWorld13

Posted by belinda.joseph Employee Oct 15, 2013

JiveWorld Header.png

We are just 7 days and counting until the GREATEST Social Business conference EVER! And as the newest member of the Jive family and your new JiveWorld organizer, I can honestly say I have never been a part of such an extraordinary event.

Every year the JiveWorld team strives to one up itself from the last in hopes of bringing you more stories, more connections, and more product innovation and expertise that you can take back to your organization…and this year is no different.

I promise you that JiveWorld13 is going to Get VERY Real:

• Featured keynote from business educator and TED speaker, Dr. Eddie Obeng
  • Hear how T-Mobile transforms brand loyalty
  • See how Thomson Reuters inspired a “village”
  • And learn about the future of Jive Software

And that’s just on the Mainstage. Count on three full days of:

I guarantee you will not want to miss out on the closing keynote performance by MTVs America’s Best Dance Crew Champions - The Jabbawockez, and not to mention THE BIGGEST party of the year at Las Vegas' HOTTEST nightclub – Hakkasan.

Whether you’re a JiveWorld veteran or a newbie like me, I look forward to seeing you all in Las Vegas and sharing in this EPIC experience that is JiveWorld13! Cheers!

P.S. - Would love to hear from you. Now it's your turn to tell us what you're most excited about seeing at JiveWorld13!

Screen shot 2013-10-07 at 5.06.47 PM.pngI was a newbie to JiveWorld last year, and I didn’t realize what I was in for. I was not only amazed by the wealth of knowledge that I retained from so many loyal Jive customers and industry thought leaders, but it was an extremely fun conference! I left JiveWorld12 totally re-energized about the product and about my role, and I was ready to share my newfound knowledge with others.

I can’t wait for JiveWorld13 and I’ve already marked a few sessions in my schedule in the JiveWorld13 Mobile App. You can earn the "Ready Badge" and be entered to win an iPad Mini through these easy preparations!)

Wednesday, October 23:

10:30a-11:30a: Open Leadership: Coaching Leaders and Communicators on their Evolving Roles, Rachel Happe, Principle & Co-Founder, The Community Roundtable

Rachel will be presenting The Community Roundtable’s Social Executive Research, which will include:

• Why executive adoption matters
  • Why social approaches matter strategically to executives
  • How social approaches help executives personally
  • The executive adoption journey
  • A case study

If this doesn’t convince you, Rachel elaborates more on the research she’s revealing at JiveWorld13.

2:15p-3:15p: JIVETalks: Beyond Points and Badges - How Gamification Can Drive Business Objectives in Your Community, Tracy Maurer, Megan Truett, Laure Cetin

Tracy Maurer, Collaboration Systems Manager at UBM, commented on her panel’s preparations for this session:

“If you are thinking about implementing gamification in your Jive site, have your own stories, or just want to see what the hubbub is all about, I really recommend checking [out our panel].”

Thursday, October 24:

1p-2p: Open Leadership: Gaining Executive Engagement: Benjamin Taub, Nikki Bussard

Benjamin Taub, Director of Enterprise Collaboration at Akira Technologies, commented on why you should attend this panel:

“If you attend our talk, not only will you get to see witty, charming, erudite and humble me (and Nikki!) give a life changing and life affirming talk about why and how you can get leaders engaged in your community, you will also be attending JiveWorld13. JiveWorld is the only conference of its kind that offers practical advice and ideas from time-tested practitioners – AND teaches you how you can transform your organization to be more efficient, effective, fun and cool – at the same time.  And couldn’t we all use a little more cool in our work lives?"

2:15p-3:15p: Advanced Engagement: Growing Your Community Beyond Registered Users and Page Views: Chris Ewald, Allison Alviggi (Doherty)

Chris and Allison will touch on how to realize value by driving member engagement along core business processes. They'll give us more than a sneak peak on the strategies they deployed to achieve their corporate goals. FYI: McKesson increased their community engagement by nearly 200% in seven months! While Chris has been a Community Manager seven years, it's only his seventh month managing a Jive-based community. Check out the four big opportunities Chris is excited about during his first JiveWorld.

Screen shot 2013-10-07 at 4.53.54 PM.png

If you haven’t registered yet for JiveWorld13, what are you waiting for? Register Now!

If you have registered, make sure you have download the JiveWorld13 Mobile App start planning out the sessions you want to attend. See you at Secret Pizza after hours at the Cosmopolitan!

Over the last few years, as social business and networked communications environments have become more pervasive, executives increasingly became pockets of inertia due to their more traditional modes of communicating and managing. But because of their influence, that has a dampening effect on organizations and prevents them from making the next leap in progress and innovation In order for organizations to move forward effectively with social business they need educated and engaged social executives leading the way.

One of our roles at The Community Roundtable is to advocate for social business and community strategists and one of the more powerful ways we advocate is to provide the information and tools to help people succeed. In that spirit, we compiled The Social Executive research in order to explore how executives connected business strategy to social approaches, how they adopted social approaches themselves and most importantly to provide successful coaching approaches and tools for those working to make social business initiatives successful.

A big part of the research was identifying and documenting the specific challenges executives face and the ways in which they learn. The picture of executives that emerged explains a lot about why it is so difficult for them to change. They are constantly traveling, overloaded with information, booked solid and have very few trusted sources of information on social business trends.  As an added challenge they are primarily experiential learners. What this means is that much of the approach we see being taken to engage executives is all wrong because it starts with giving them research and business cases - things that overwhelm them with more information, take a long time to digest, are not necessarily trusted and are not experiential. We tend to throw facts at executives before they even care and fall into the trap of giving them too much, too soon.

I'm excited to be presenting the consolidated findings from this research at JiveWorld, which will include:

• Why executive adoption matters
  • Why social approaches matter strategically to executives
  • How social approaches help executives personally
  • The executive adoption journey
  • A case study

One of the most valuable outputs of the research is the definition of the stages of adoption and the trigger points that move an executive from one stage to the next - trigger points that with a bit of work can be orchestrated and used to match coaching techniques with where a specific individual is on their journey.

The Social Executive Framework

If you are working to help your executives learn how to effectively use social tools and approaches, you can find out more by:

364x211_balloons.jpgThank you to all the attendees of the second webcast of our B2B Sales Summer Series with guest speaker Hitachi Data Systems (SlideShare). We really enjoyed having James Cater and Lauren Klein discuss the customer service successes Hitachi Data Systems have been having with Jive's social business platform. It was not an easy transition, but with a comprehensive strategy in place Hitachi Data Systems has been leading the way in delivering great customer service with a holistic customer-centric account management approach. We have several great questions roll in and unfortunately ran out of time to answer all of them live. James and Lauren have been kind enough to answer these questions offline here:

1. DM: What does the future within global accounts look like?
    JC: For an account team like ours, Jive's platform gives us the ability to touch, influence, support and collaborate to help drive relationships forward. Our global accounts teams used to spend an awful lot of time traveling around the world to be in front of key contacts. Now through the collaborative nature of the global account program community, reps can be doing that at their desk or wherever they are in the world. Now this doesn't replace face-to-face customer contact. What it does is that it enhances it and gives out team additional tools to be successful.
    LK: It's no longer a one and done deal.
  2. AN: At HDS, what does it mean to innovate with information?
    JC: When we talk about innovation within HDS, we're talking about social innovation, we're talking about giving our customers the ability to harness, to leverage all types of innovation and information. And our experience across many different industries that are creating more and more information and data today such as medicine, transportation, and public infrastructure gives them the ability to understand their ecosystems. Customers can now use the community to touch and reach into all parts of HDS rather than just the traditional one-to-one relationship.
  3. TP: What is what one of the top parts/aspects of the global accounts program?
    JC: This really translates to "What does the global account program mean to customers?" It's about global consistency--whether that's the management of the relationship, the support service, or the solutions that we deliver so that our customers can be confident that wherever they engage HDS the teams know about the customer, know about the support and can deliver the appropriate solutions anywhere in the globe.
  4. TL: How does HDS measure the ROI of your investment of time and $s in the Jive community?
    LK: You can learn more about HDS and the ROI from our Jive deployment here: http://www.jivesoftware.com/customers/videos/page/3/
  5. HJ: How did HDS secure executive sponsorship/assuage fears before implementing the community and the programs surrounding it.
    LK - We hired LeaderNetworks and other SMEs to help us with the business case and model development and customer validation to ensure that the program was aligned with both the business and our customers.

Interested in learning more about social business success? Come see James and Lauren at JiveWorld13!

Consulting for my clients I am often asked “Why should our enterprise leadership even care about this Social Collaboration Stuff? (my livelihood, my passion, my zealotry is now “Stuff”)  And I reply that one of the things they gain is a wider audience inside the organization for their ideas, opinions and world view.

So I am speaking at JiveWorld13 this year (Advanced Community Management Track – Open Leadership: Gaining Executive Engagement) and I realize that I am in the unenviable position of being a consultant who has to take his own advice – I am going to broaden my audience for my ideas, opinions and world view.  I have to take this Social Collaboration Stuff, and wave my flag and that of JiveWorld13, my talk; and that of my trusty sidekick (although I am sure she would say that I am her sidekick) and co-speaker Nikki Bussard.

Coach.jpgSo here goes.  If you attend our talk, not only will you get to see witty, charming, erudite and humble me (and Nikki!) give a life changing and life affirming talk about why and how you can get leaders engaged in your community, you will also be attending JiveWorld13.  JiveWorld is the only conference of its kind that offers practical advice and ideas from time-tested practitioners – AND teaches you how you can transform your organization to be more efficient, effective, fun and cool – at the same time.  And couldn’t we all use a little more cool in our work lives?

I found my life’s purpose at JiveWorld (“I create a more peaceful planet by working to eliminate the Reply-All email with attachment.”) and it will make you smarter at what you do – which is supposed to be making your organization better, faster and stronger. You will meet other people who have also drunk the social collaboration Kool-Aid and will willingly – enthusiastically even – impart to you incredible pearls of wisdom – that they often learned the (very) hard way.

When you come to my session and others, you will be doing IRL (In Real Life) what you preach in your communities every day – but you will do it better.  You will make friends.  You will meet some of the Jivers who helped you out of a jam that time (Remember when you removed all the permissions from your root space and couldn’t see anything?  Yeah…that time.)

JiveWorld is the cool school you never got to go to, and Gaining Executive Engagement is the cool kids table.  You’ll learn how to get your leaders and executives engaged and stay engaged.  Plus, we have cookies!  (Not really, but come anyway.)

Benjamin Taub is the Director of Enterprise Collaboration at Akira Technologies and is a graybeard in the federal enterprise collaboration space and has multiple, successful implementations of Jive under his belt.  Information on his JiveWorld13 talk with Nikki Bussard – "Gaining Executive Engagement" is HERE on the JiveWorld13 Agenda.

Image credit: buchachon / 123RF Stock Photo

364x211_team.jpgLast week, we wrapped up our 2013 Social Intranet Summer Series where Gia Lyons, Director of Product Marketing at Jive Software, hosted industry leaders from companies like Thompson Reuters (SlideShare) and Alcatel-Lucent (SlideShare) to discuss current trends in social business. We also invited social business experts from Jive to show us how to rethink your company intranet to deliver business value. Thank you to everyone who attended, shared and promoted this series. We are incredibly happy with how popular the series became and look forward to hosting another very soon!

In our last webcast How to Use Social For Corporate Communications (SlideShare) Gia and Kathryn Everest, Senior Director of Business Consulting at Jive Software, discussed how a social intranet enables more employees to find and engage in corporate communications and strategic messages, thus driving greater alignment and buy-in. Here are the questions and Gia's (GL) and Kathryn's (KE) answers from that webcast:

1. KG - Are there any Jive plug ins to listen to the voice of the employee? I want to be able to use social media listening technology to have real-time insight into the sentiment of employees.
    GL - We recently invested in Jive Resonata. We are tremendously excited about the the powerful semantic analysis, big data, and insight capabilities this brings to Jive. We already have a powerful solution available today for externally-facing Jive communities and continue to work to leverage this more broadly throughout our platform. More to come on this next year, so stay tuned.

2. RR - Will a future release of Jive provide the ability to create Custom Streams and have community managers or administrators ASSIGN those Custom Streams to specific groups?
    GL - Attention Streams that end users can configure as they wish have been available since Jive 6. An interface for assigning pre-configured curated streams is available today as a Jive Professional Services extension, which many of our customers have leveraged. We are eager to bring this into the core experience in a future release.

3. DR - What are some better ways to get younger members of my company who might be shy about posting content in a space with more senior people?
    KE - I have a couple of responses.  First, I’m a HUGE advocate of introducing Jive during company orientation – and not just on how to use it for job onboarding and for work!  People need appreciate the opportunity that is presented to develop and shape their professional reputation, as well as providing new opportunities to contribute to the organization.  And how you do this is by participating and “moving the conversation forward”.  That is what gets you noticed.  So, cueing younger employees to think about how they can contribute and how they can begin to really make a contribution are the first seeds to plant.  True, it is a bit of a risk sometimes to speak, that’s true, especially if they don’t have the communication skills to “disagree without being disagreeable”, but with higher risk comes higher reward. Contributing in Jive can get you noticed – make sure it is for the right reason!  My second response is that you may need to model the behavior so that people will know it is safe.  I sometime liken social software to a junior high school dance J.  Sometimes you have to get the “popular kids” on the dance floor first to get the dancing going otherwise, everyone just sits on the sidelines. So what does that mean?  Find a younger person and ask them to comment on the CEO’s blog.  Even ask them to make a comment other than “Very interesting!  Thank you” but perhaps help them craft a comment that you know will be well-received.  You may need to model this behavior for a while, but eventually – they will catch on.

4. LW - Do you have any tips on how to keep employee engagement high post launch.
    KE - I get asked this question a lot, and wonder if people are looking for campaigns or tactics – which concerns me.  This can be very tricky to answer because what you don’t want to do it feel you have to invent reasons to collaborate and communicate, but rather have users understand how value this is to their work.  This is key.  But there are some events that have been very successful at various enterprises – let me pass a few along.
    • Ask Me Anything – AMA – this is a time-based event where you have an executive who is willing to take questions – and like the title says – about anything!
    • Contests – contests can help boost adoption and can be very work related (such as a specific innovation challenge) or non-work related (ugliest sweater contests)
    • Pop Up Genius Bars – identifying a number of advocates who can help out in a physical location who help users answer questions and understand some key use cases.  They can also help users get set up on mobile, update their profile, or learn how to customize a stream.
    • Introduce or emphasize a new capability or feature.  Use this as an opportunity to get back users who may not have returned by enabling something new.  This could be a content type (such as ideas), or a capability (such as mobile).
    • Circulate great, engaging success stories to inspire others on how to use social software for business.
    • Gamify certain activities to keep people engaged in further exploring the platform.
  5. SC - Do you have ideas for implementation and adoption when only a minor portion of the business is using social software and those aren't are reluctant to transition both how they publish and receive content? (80% not on software)
    KE - I’d love to understand more here – so perhaps this would be a good time to talk?  If you are a Jive customer, I’d encourage you to contact your Sales Representative so we can set up a time to chat.  But social software, as your users are experiencing, work best when you have critical mass.  So – it seems very “chicken and egg” I know!  But one technique I would suggest is to find a business process that is, well, painful  and that many people HAVE to do.  We’ve seen situations where bringing the process into Jive has been really successful. It does two things.  First, they see that using it isn’t what they may have thought (in other words – it is easier than they think) and it can be used to make business more efficient.  With this mindset they are more incline to use it, as well as think of processes where Jive can remove some pain.  You may also want to have a campaign of “what are some processes that you find PAINFUL” and see if you can use Jive to make things less painful for your users.  But this can be a hard question to provide a satisfying answer to without more information.

6. BW - As an existing Jive user, how do I use that reporting/tracking just highlighted on step 4 (not having to rely on annual surveys)? I have never seen these analytics before.
    GL - Impact Metrics are what you saw, and they are available now in Jive Cloud. They have been improved since our Summer '13 Cloud release, so watch for those improvements in our Fall '13 Cloud release in November, and in Jive 7 in December for dedicated hosted and on-premise installations.
  7. KL - You mentioned the "Official Content" label available for Jive - how does that work? Is coming in Jive 7?
    GL - The Official outcome label is one of several choices in our Structured Outcomes feature. Structured Outcomes are available now in Jive Cloud. They have been improved since our Summer '13 Cloud release, so watch for the Official label in our Fall '13 Cloud release in November, and in Jive 7 in December for dedicated hosted and on-premise installations. You will be able to click "Mark as Official" as one of several marking choices, which will appear along the right side of a document.

Want to take the productivity leap? Learn more about how a social intranet can help boost output in a single bound here. See you at the next series!

The B2B Summer School Series kicked off with James Ninnivaggi of SiriusDecisions showing us how to make those crucial hours in the work week we dedicate to actually selling more productive and more effective (SlideShare). Next, James Cater and Lauren Klein of Hitachi Data Systems went in-depth about their own account management transformation and how Jive's social platform helped them enable their customers with the tools to be able to touch and reach into all parts of Hitachi Data Systems rather than settle for the traditional one-to-one relationship (SlideShare).

And now joining us for our final installment in the B2B Summer School series is Scott Santucci, Principal Analyst & Research Director serving Sales Enablement Professionals at Forrester.

All too often new sales reps sit in corporate training for a few weeks, complete the tests, and head back into the field with their binders. When they get into actual selling situations do they really have what they need to close the deal? In this webcast, Scott will challenge you to think critically about:

• Creating innovative go-to market strategies, sales-ready tools, and strategic account programs.
  • Enabling your sales team to collaborate with buyers more effectively.
  • Developing impressive data-drive performance reporting and measurement programs.

Register now for the last webcast of the series!

Featured Speakers:

Scott Santucci, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research

Jarrett O'Brien, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Jive Software

J Award.jpeg.jpgI'm happy to announce the finalists for the 2013 Jive Awards! The Jive Awards celebrate outstanding customer results using Jive, and each year we look forward to recognizing our amazing customers. We had a record number of submissions this year that were all very impressive and I want to take this opportunity thank everyone for submitting their success stories.

Congratulations to the following customers who have been selected as finalists for the 2013 Jive Awards! Winners will be announced on Main Stage at JiveWorld13 on October 24th at 5:00 p.m.

Extend Jive - This is a new award designed to recognize an organization that developed a solution leveraging the API and integration frameworks to bring new capability to a platform, change systems of record into systems of engagement, and deliver real results to redefine how work gets done. The company should have contributed to the Jive Eco-system by sharing best practices and code and frequently participating in the Jive developer community, user groups, hackathons, open social and other developer initiatives.

Finalists:

• TeleTech
  • Pokeshot

Teaming - Recognizes the best application of Jive for a group or division in a company that has achieved qualitative and quantitative success and changed the way their team impacts the organization. This award will recognize a team or group that accomplished a specific goal or project which set the bar and led to greater use of Jive in the organization.

Finalists:

• Fidelity
  • Cerner

Engage Customers - Showcases customer engagement leading to stronger self-service support, greater customer loyalty and satisfaction, a stronger company brand and/or product/services innovation. This award will recognize an organization for building a customer service solution that has improved customer satisfaction, increased loyalty and boosted engagement.

Finalists:

• ADP
  • ADTRAN
  • Eloqua
  • Pearson

Engage Partners - Heightened partner engagement by driving improvements, sharing best practices and enhancing co-selling. This award will recognize an organization that drove higher business results by engaging their business-to-business network in a collaborative community environment.

Finalist:

• Steelcase

Engage Employees - Demonstrates remarkable employee engagement leading to business results. This award will recognize a social intranet solution that helped foster cross-departmental collaboration, efficiency improvements, problem solving and innovative approaches to drive adoption.

Finalist:

• Ricoh
  • Royal Bank of Canada
  • AIA
  • Thomson Reuters

New Way to Business - Showcased mastery in the use of Jive across employee, customer and partner communities to fundamentally change the way business gets done across the enterprise. This recognizes an organization that has demonstrated a strategic organizational change in the way work gets done, for the better.

Finalist:

• Schneider/Telvent
  • Hitachi Data Systems

New Way to Lead - Recognizes an individual or company who has demonstrated shift in the way work gets done, from a top-down management style to a more collaborative and open leadership approach using Jive. This award will go to an individual or project leadership team responsible for orchestrating a successful roll-out and adoption of the Jive solution.

Finalist:

• Lafarge
  • Mylan

Our Social Intranet Summer Series wraps up on Wednesday, September 25th with insights and commentary on the benefits of using a social platform for corporate communications.

The first webcast in this series gave a high-level overview of what a social intranet should deliver - get work done, find information and internal experts, and deliver official communications and information. In the second webcast, experts did a deep dive on how a social intranet can be used for IT project management to increase productivity. In the third, we showed how a social intranet is used to innovate your business.

Now in our final installment, social business experts Gia Lyons and Kathryn Everest will examine:

• How a social intranet enables more employees to find and engage in corporate communications and strategic messages
  • How greater employee engagement drives greater alignment and buy-in
  • What you can do today to implement a social corporate communications strategy

We hope to see you there! Register now!

Featured Speakers:

Jive Software

Gia Lyons

Director, Product Marketing

Jive Software

Jive Software

Kathryn Everest

Sr. Director, Business Consulting

Jive Software

Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 2.29.11 PM.png

Answer: That Jive Software is Awesome!

No, I'm not referencing internet superstar and creator of The Fox Ylvis.  We had someone even better onsite at Jive headquarters in Palo Alto today.

Liz Claman from Fox Business!

Jive hosted the fantastic crew of the segment 3 Days in the Valley, which annually profiles the best technology companies in the Bay Area. Each day during the event, Liz sets up a mobile studio at a different location and invites notaries to share their industry insights.

Since The Valley is "dripping with optimism, ideas, and innovation," it's no surprise that Jive was featured alongside other great organizations like Flipboard, Intel, Glyde, and Facebook.

We were proud to show off our strong leadership, fun culture, and impactful vision.

Specifically, check out the following videos:

Jive Software Hosts Fox Business News: 3 Days in the Valley - YouTube

Jive and Fox Business Host GitHub CEO Tom Preston-Werner - YouTube

Fox Business Talks with Members of Jive's Board - YouTube

To view all coverage from the day, tune into Jive's YouTube Channel or check out our Instagram stream.

Filter Blog

By date: By tag:
Introducing Tracks on the Jive Community
Configure your Jive Community experience by selecting a track. We'll use this track on the homepage to show you relevant content and help you find resources quickly. You can change your track easily from the homepage or your profile.
As a community manager, you're an ambassador for your Jive community as you build places, curate content and engage with fellow community members. To help you go further with your site, we'll share success stories and other resources.
Whether considering a new purchase or working on an upgrade, technology managers need insight on the best ways to implement a community and learn more about the various upgrades in software releases.
An effective community starts with sound business strategy. As your community matures, you'll want to learn and share best practices for implementation and continued success.
Whether you're a developer, system administrator or a designer, you need insight on building a great user experience for your Jive community. Get the scoop on theming, API's, upgrades and more.
We've got a special area for partners to get essential information and best practices they need for describing and selling Jive to potential customers.
Whether or not you have a specific role in your Jive community, this track highlights areas of interest to Jive users such as training materials, community best practices and an opportunity to network with other customers.
save and close