I have seen a couple of questions in the JC regarding TemboSocial Recognition from a couple of Jive clients I know ( Susan Rubio, Kristen Ritter (In loving memory) and Kim England). So I wanted to create a quick write up on what I am seeing and the value I think it can add and organization as we have been using it at Social Edge. For us at Social Edge, we work closely with clients on their Jive implementations and they often ask us our viewpoint on various products and how to create specific business outcomes. So when we see a solution that fills a need in a compelling way we happily talk about it with clients. From a business perspective, it makes sense for us to then take the next step and form a partnership with the company. So we do have that relationship with Tembo and are proud of it. I did just want to disclose that quickly.
So what are we seeing:
- The ability to provide peer to peer recognition within your Jive community is very robust and textured:
- You can configure the categories of praise with text and images of your choosing as shown below
- The product has three widgets that you can use in places and the home page.
- Showing these on the home page give employees their "15 min of fame" which is powerful and helps adoption.
- Below we have a space that is a "center of excellence" around all of our recognition. We call our program Kudos...you can call yours whatever you like.
I think one of the most important parts is the integration inside the profile. Below I am showing my own profile where you can look at the recognition sent and receive (you can see any users kudos). So by looking at this you can ask a few questions about the person. What are people thanking this person for? Big achievements? going the extra mile? delighting a client? Is this person giving (being a thankful team member) as well as receiving (are they helping others). Suddenly, simple 'thank you's", which are powerful on their own, are now part of a talent and performance conversation on how a person operates inside a larger team.
Finally, There are a number of integration extras that are a big help to keep this top of mind and frictionless:
- The ability to create a Kudo/thank you from anywhere as it is integrated into the action menu
- An email summary for those involved in a Kudo/thank you.
- The Kudo is part of the activity stream so that you can comment, like, share etc...
- A separate admin console tool to configure and change the implementation.
So overall, it feels light and non-intrusive while being well integrated into your community. In the end, it is a modern way to recognize employees as well as add to their talent profile footprint inside the organization. I hope this is helpful.