Jive Custom 7 and JiveX Custom 7 are now available!
Jive Custom 7 is our biggest version release to date! It includes new profiles, search and analytics capabilities to modernize your intranet or portal, as well as collaboration features to increase the pace at which work gets done. New developer tools let IT teams increase and extend the Jive platform, and brand new universal iOS mobile app unites today's digital workplace.
Interested in upgrading? We're now offering a Jive Upgrade Planning Services Package to train you on new features, prepare you for the impending change management activities related your upgrade, and to lay out a technical path that best positions you for success and optimizes go-forward maintenance costs. A follow-on project will be positioned as an outcome of this engagement to cover the technical upgrade implementation. For more information, contact your account manager.
Want to get started on your upgrade?
- On premise customers: the software is available from My Account > Purchases. A new 7.0 license is required. Create a Support ticket to request the license.
- Jive Hosted customers: create a Support ticket to start the process of upgrading.
- Jive Cloud customers: you've already got it!
Do you have a full list of features?
Yes! There's a lot of information in the Jive 7 Upgrade Planning Guide and the JiveX 7 Upgrade Planning Guide, including a full list of features as well as a "what's new" feature delta between Jive 5 to Jive 7 and Jive 6 to Jive 7. [Note: In order to access the links, you'll need to be a member of the private Jive Customers group]
What are the highlights of this release?
See below for the highlights, and the Release Notes for more details, including known issues.
Do you have communication templates for new features?
Highlights of the Jive Custom 7 release:
- New Impact Metrics: See not only who has viewed your blog posts and documents, but who has referred them to others. You'll also be able to view Impact Metrics by department, turning metrics into a powerful tool to drive engagement and influence company-wide.
- Jive Business Analytics: Our new Analytics module is configurable for each company's goals and objectives, giving a granular view on employee productivity. Administrators can dig deep into user behavior and analyze employee productivity with three out-of-the-box use-cases: On Boarding, Organizational Intelligence, and Strategic Alignment.
Improved Expertise Location
- Enhanced Profiles: Redesigned to make profiles more relevant to day-to-day work, with ability to list your expertise, to endorse co-workers for their expertise, and to search and invite based on expertise.
- Search Weighting: New algorithms to serve up relevant content via search. Streamlined search UX and new "smart search" uses knowledge of user behavior and content meta-data to influence search results and to give quick access to Frequently Viewed people, content, and places
- Structured Outcomes: Turn talk into real business decisions. Mark content for action; find final and official collateral fast to drive productivity.
- Place Templates: Help employees achieve business value more quickly with pre-configured place templates and tiles designed for common marketing, sales, IT, and HR use cases.
New Mobile Experience
- Enhanced iOS Native App: Give end-users the ability to fully engage from their mobile device. They can create videos, blog posts, documents, discussions, status updates, and direct messages; search for content and expertise; mark content for action, as a decision, as helpful, etc.; interact via their custom streams; and quickly access their own content (requires Module Module purchase).
- Good Dynamics and Mobile Iron MDM Certified. The new iOS app will be tested and certified for both Good and Mobile Iron.
- Improved Mobile Web experience. We're enhancing the mobile web experience with a focus on public communities (and will also be adding official support for Mobile Safari), giving our customers more flexibility in branding and theming their community on mobile. Whether logged in or browsing as a guest, users can view videos, start discussions, share their latest gamification mission completion in a status update and much more.
- New Extensions Registry allows you to upload custom-built extensions to just your instance, or to share your custom-built extensions with all Jive customers.
- New SalesForce.com App tile syncs with your SFDC instance for powerful, real-time collaboration
- New Stream Integrations provides consolidated inbox for multiple information streams, making collaboration easier with fellow Jive users and with partners and vendors. ntegrations include: MS Exchange, Gmail, Evernote, Chatter, Yammer, Facebook, Twitter, RSS, and more (requires Jive StreamOnce module purchase).
- New External Storage Framework connects to any external storage provider (yes, any external storage provider!) - configure Jive to store binary files in your content storage system of choice.
- New Jive Anywhere SDK: you can now build your own Jive Anywhere cartridges to better integrate information from any web-based site into Jive.
- New Analytics API: This is the foundation for the next generation of reporting, insights, and BI on Jive. We're creating a centralized analytics backend that will power Impact Metrics and a new Data Export API, making custom reports as easy as exporting to CSV and enabling us to deliver new CMR reports more quickly. We will also be capturing the channel that the data comes from so we can support customers understanding how their users are accessing Jive via mobile, web, office, and outlook clients.
Other Product Enhancements
- Enhanced Upgrade-Safe Themes: Configure a sticky, skinny navbar, with your choice of look and feel, custom links, and more.
- Externally Accessible Groups: Work effectively with the right people, inside and outside your company. Invite non-Jive-members and non-employees into specific private and secret groups without giving them access to other places or global content like the CEO's blog and company Overview page.
- Events, now productized: Add calendaring and event invitations to Jive spaces, groups, and projects (requires Events Module purchase)
- Enhanced Video: Enhanced user interface for playback, uploading, recording, and embedding video.
- Enhanced Getting Started: Preloaded, job-specific guides for how to use Jive for activities such as Managing Client Projects, Sales Readiness, Marketing Campaign Planning and Jive Fundamentals
- eDiscovery Search: Easy search for admins who need data for litigation or internal investigations