We are excited to announce our Jive 2014 Summer Release, aiming to boost productivity by enhancing employees’ workstyles. It includes a fully integrated, seamless experience with Cisco WebEx and Jabber, while giving all Jive users personalized views, enhanced UI, and mobile optimized responsive web making it easier to collaborate and find the information user’s need. This post highlights the Jive Cloud Summer Release for internal communities, for information on external communities please check out the JiveX Cloud Summer Release.
This release put you in control of your Social Intranet experience by introducing Your View – a personalized view with new tiles, ways to group, categorize and share information, while streamlining the user interface to make navigating and finding information more intuitive.
- New Tiles – Frequently Viewed, Recently Viewed, Recent Blogs
- Out of the box default tile placement to provide a useful starting point for users, giving them a familiar place to find content and organize the information they use most.
Last release we premiered Place Pages in beta, and the reaction was fantastic. Place Pages are used to aggregate and highlight information for a place, reducing the need for multiple sub-spaces or groups. We’re now releasing Place Pages in GA, making it available to everyone by default and adding several new tiles to be used on Pages
- Carousel Tile – in both wide and narrow formats, this tile allows you to direct attention (call to action) to the most critical actions or information you want people to notice.
- Content Sets Tile – for information that should logically be grouped together, such as various HR forms for employee onboarding, this tile allows the Place admin to visually connect several pieces of content together, providing a guided experience to users.
- Expandable Sections (Accordion) – organize links under expandable, descriptive headings to make it easy find any content.
- Wide versions of many previously narrow tiles, such as Featured Video
- And more…
One of the feature requests we’ve received often is the ability to share content to multiple places. Have one document that is relevant to several groups? You can now share that document once among those locations, making it visible to everyone without having to update multiple copies of it. Share the document like you would with any person, except now you can choose to share with Places, which will add a link to that content in that place. The places where the content is shared will be visible on the content itself, so you always know who has access to your content.
You’ve long been able to categorize content, a handy way to filter just the most relevant information at any given time. Now you can do the same by using categories for groups. When a group is created, you can select pre-defined categories to apply to that group. Those categories will show up in the groups About menu, and you’ll also be able to browse across all groups that fit a particular category. What's more, we've added a way to sort based on number of followers, to help you find the group you're looking for. This works for Spaces as well as Groups.
To round out the Social Intranet story, we’re also debuting a brand new version of Jive Present, compatible with Jive 7.0.x+. It's now tightly integrated with Jive allowing either individual item or place content synchronisation with a single click. As a user, you can add any content directly to your personal channel from any application. It fully fits in a companies SSO, helping administrators control access through direct synchronisation with security groups and with a smoother experience for users. Sales reps will love the SFDC and calendar integration that allows meeting, notes and contact management directly from the app. And if you thought that was cool already, Jive Present now also has an iPhone app and full web interface so you have the same experience, however you choose to use it.
This release is also focused on eliminating collaboration barriers with Cisco WebEx and Jabber integrations, and new connection options for SharePoint.
WebEx & Jabber Integrations
In addition to our native chat, we're also introducing Cisco Webex and Jabber integrations. This delivers improved productivity and less duplication of content by being able to directly start WebEx meetings in Jive: click to meet with people, start a team meeting (from a place), start a meeting to collaborate on a document Connect quickly with buttons on user profile and hover cards—Chat and Phone Calls via any compatible Jabber (xmpp/tel) client. These integrations will be available for purchase for interested customers who also use these Cisco products.
Jive for SharePoint Enhancements
For customers who have an investment in SharePoint and use our Jive for SharePoint integration, we are responding to changing needs and requests by adding new connection options to better fit your SharePoint implementation and reduce administrative overhead. We're also streamlining the connection process into a simple and intuitive configuration wizard to help with the initial implementation.
Investing in the Platform
As always, we continue to invest in our core platform by innovating on the user experience and providing more ways to integrate with Jive. We’ve continued to refresh the user interface in the Summer Release by offering additional theming options, updating icons across the platform, aligning interaction patterns, and a host of additional tweaks that provide a visual refresh to your community. Perhaps the most exciting news here is that we are releasing a responsive experience that delivers a consistent experience across whatever device you are using.
- Place Banner Management - We built in place banner customization and management so that users with community administrators and higher roles can update the look and feel of the places in your community. You can manage the template banners, and which presets are presented to your users when they create new places.
- Light Inbox refresh - The inbox was using some older UI elements and styles. These have been updated.
- RTE icon set update - Modernizing the icon set for the RTE to a more glyph-like display.
- Visual and interaction alignment for menus across the board
We are also building on our mobile capabilities by delivering a responsive design web experience. Now, as the size the user’s browser changes size across devices, so will the layout. This means the user can expect to see the same great interface anywhere they go with prioritized content and functionality always surfacing to the top when on a smaller mobile screen.