An advocate is someone who .....
loves and enjoys a brand
is willing to put a foot forward and vouch for the brand
is passionate about the brand
wants to influence the brand product direction and stay connected
is willing to be an evangelist for the brand
and.....so on and on...you get it!
Now why and how are the advocates important for jive-x?
Think of a marketer who is under a tight budget and needs to get MORE done with LESS marketing dollars. By identifying and leveraging and incenting brand advocates marketers can now deliver a higher ROI because brand advocates can create valuable user generated content and drive awareness/word of mouth. The Jive-x 2015.3 release provides the resource-challenged marketer to mobilize those advocates all within the realm of the community advocacy offering.
Top usecases, where advocacy can play a huge role:
- Share thought leadership content on social sites to help drive lead generation and sales
- Generate leads as part of referral programs
- Promote and get feedback on new product features and launches
- Respond to social channels or answers questions within the community
- Drive the level of engagement within the community to the next level, but participating in discussions, responding to posts, etc..
How to create an advocate program with jive-x:
Jive-x advocacy is powered by the Jive Rewards. You can get the full details of the Jive Rewards at https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-173094
To create an advocacy program for a jive-x community, here are the steps:
- Create a group within Jive
- Invite users to the group
- Create a set of Quests from the Jive Rewards admin interface and point those to the advocate group
Login to jive Rewards
Access the Quests
Select Advocate Quests
Set the default group within Jive Community. If a group doesnt exist, create a new group on the Community.
Configure and publish a Quest and assign reward points
Track and manage who's part of the advocate group
Track progress across quest
Track progress by quest
From the End user / Advocate View:
View all the available quests within the advocate group and members of the group and the progress on the quests
Take action on the quests
More details and reference posts:
Setting up advocacy: Jive Rewards