** The Bunchball AGM maintenance is complete
- Date: February 17, 2017 at 6 pm PST
- The downtime window is up to 4 hours. This entire window may not be used, but is reserved.
Why the Maintenance?
- The Advanced Gamification Module (AGM), which is powered by Bunchball, will be under maintenance of 4 hours of downtime. That in order to move their host service to Amazon Web Service (AWS).
- The Key Benefits of Moving to AWS:
With AWS, Bunchball will take advantage of a scalable, reliable, and secure global computing infrastructure, the virtual backbone of Amazon.com’s multi-billion dollar online business that has been honed for over a decade. AWS enables Bunchball to leverage its multi-region, multi-datacenter redundancy as part of our core offering.
- Scalable and high-performance
Using AWS tools, Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing, Bunchball's application can scale up or down based on demand. Backed by Amazon’s massive infrastructure, they have access to compute and storage resources when they need them. This means Bunchball can grow as customer’s use of our platform grows. Additionally, the infrastructure is spread across physically separate Availability Zones which allows for maximum availability
AWS utilizes an end-to-end approach to secure and harden their infrastructure, including physical, operational, and software measures. Bunchball will have extremely granular control over network traffic both at their boundary and around each compute resource (server, load balancer, db). AWS takes care of scaling these logical firewalls to handle blocking larger amounts of traffic if necessary. In addition, AWS consistently keeps up with important industry standards, allowing Bunchball to continually take advantage of these easily.
- Service Improvements
In addition to reliability, infrastructure scale, and security, overall service availability will improve. Along with fewer maintenance windows.
Who will be impacted?
- All customers that are currently running the Advanced Gamification Module (powered by Bunchball).
- This includes: On-Prem, Hosted, Cloud.
- The maintenance will require no effort from our customers.
What happens during the maintenance?
- Customer sites should continue to function normally, but without AGM functionality.
- Customers will not be able to access their Bunchball Admin Console.
- User activity will be 'queued' and processed when the maintenance is done. Note: After the maintenance will be over and the service will go-live again, there may be some delay for processing to catch up.
- Upon completion of the maintenance, customers will be to use the same AGM functionality as
Any questions/Issues ?
- For basic questions reach out within the Gamification space in the Jive Community.
- For issues please create a support ticket within the Jive Community.