Jive Anywhere automatically connects conversation, content, and context within your Jive network with any web site or web application. It is smart enough to recognize exactly where you are, so you can have a conversation about a specific record in a CRM system, a candidate in LinkedIn, or a research report on the Web.
Why Jive Anywhere matters.
To get work done, you interact with many different web sites and applications--you approve invoices, review job candidates, or research on the web. When you run into something you need to discuss (for instance an invoice in an ERP system, or a candidate on LinkedIn) you end up copying and pasting information from web sites into email. The result: a horribly inefficient process that leaves you with myriad disconnected conversations.
Previously the alternative to this approach were complicated point-to-point integrations between your collaboration platform and other enterprise systems and web sites.
Jive Anywhere is a revolutionary approach. It brings collaboration directly into the context of any web site or web application. For instance, as you review a sales opportunity with a CRM system, you can see if anyone in your company has been discussing the company. With a click, you can create a group to discuss the opportunity with colleagues.
Best of all, there's absolutely no code required. It just happens. Automatically.
With Jive Anywhere, an end user can:
- Always have the right context. With Jive Anywhere you can access relevant conversations and content from within any web site or web application.
- Discuss and share content with a click. Whether you need to discuss a job candidate on LinkedIn, or ask for clarification on an invoice, with Jive Anywhere you can start a discussion directly within any web site or web application.
- No-click Integration. Integrating Jive with your favorite web application takes one simple step: open the application. Done.
With Jive Anywhere, IT can integrate Jive with any web site or web application without a single line of code.
- Seamless social experience. Every department has their pet social project. And you know that you're going to be stuck rationalizing them for the next decade. Jive Anywhere helps you meet those one-off requests while maintaining a seamless social experience.
- Modernize old systems. You know the drill. Corp Comms wants commenting on the Intranet. Finance wants to be able to discuss invoices. But you know those systems are miles away from being social. Don't rip and replace. With Jive Anywhere, you can add social collaboration to any web application or web site.
- No code integrations. Jive Anywhere intelligently integrates with existing systems without a single line of code. You save time and money.
What’s new in Jive Anywhere v1.2
This release brings with it a slew of new and exciting capabilities meant to extend the usability of Jive Anywhere, wherever you go on the web. We also bring the ability to customize your Jive Anywhere experience specifically for your systems and workflows.
- Connect a page to multiple places - No longer are you limited to only connecting a page to one group. It is possible that the same page could be relevant to multiple groups, spaces, sub-spaces, etc.
- Connect to a place of any type, including Projects -
- Create, and connect to, secret Groups -
- Enhanced discussion preview -
- Post to Entire Community - Don't want to post something to a specific Place? No problem, post it to the entire community and make it visible to everyone.
- External participant/content support -
- SNAPSHOTS!!! - So cool they require caps and exclamation marks! Easily one of the most useful features to come out of Jive Anywhere. Now, along with posting a link to the entire page, you can also embed HTML content from that page directly into the discussion, keeping the original styles, images and hyperlinks. Use this to highlight important sections of the page, or call out information that is most relevant.
- Additional features under the hood – Because all this coolness just isn’t enough, we’ve also shortened the JA sidebar load time, and made it faster to add a comment to a discussion.
Requirements.Jive Anywhere is available to all customers using Jive 5.0.1+, Jive 6.0.1+ and Jive Cloud. There are no license fees associated with this capability.The following plugin must be installed for JiveAnywhere to work correctly: Extended APIs Plugin
- For Jive 5/6 customers in a hosted environment, please contact Jive Support to have the Jive Anywhere Extended APIs Plugin installed.
- For Jive 5/6 on premise customers, install the Extended APIs Plugin.
- For Jive Cloud customers, Jive Anywhere is automatically included and available to use.
- Jive Anywhere version 1.2 is not supported on IE7
Jive Anywhere client to Extended APIs versions compatibility
Jive Anywhere client version
|Extended APIs version|
126.96.36.199 (compatibility mode) , 188.8.131.52
184.108.40.206 (compatibility mode) , 220.127.116.11
|1.1.0 - 1.1.5|
18.104.22.168 , 22.214.171.124 , 126.96.36.199
There are no plugins actually attached to this document. After installing the server's Extended APIs, JiveAnywhere will be available to all users from the Jive instance's Tools page.
Jive Anywhere Documentation:
Community User Documentation (Jive Cloud)
Community User Documentation (Jive 6)
Community User Documentation (Jive 5)
- If a user tries to create a group through Jive Anywhere and does not have permission to do so, JA will display an "Unknown Server Error" error message. The group will not be created, and this works as designed, the only issue is the inelegant error message.