The following Notice applies to Communities using Jive 4.0.x and newer
On September 21 at 1PM PST the DNS hostname pointing to the Jive Software License Service will be switched to point to a new IP address. This is part of the transition of Jive's hosted and cloud infrastructure to a new datacenter. Please expect the maintenance downtime of the License Server to be about 1 hour.
This maintenance will cause no downtime for any Jive-based communities.
We expect for most customers the migration of the License Server will be completely transparent and no action is needed. It is possible that in a few cases Jive communities automatically reporting to the license server may experience a failure to report properly to the license server for a period of time, but these systems will automatically retry and succeed after the maintenance window.
It is also possible that customers who have specifically white-listed network access to current License Server's IP address will need to update their network security definitions.
In either of these situations the impact would be the need for an admin to start manually submitting License information when prompted by the product.
For many customers, the migration will be completely transparent and no action is needed. Jive communities automatically reporting to the license server may experience a failure to report properly to the license server for a period of time, but these systems will automatically retry and will succeed after the maintenance window. Please confirm if your current license reporting setting is Automatic by checking the license page in the Admin Console.
In the event of automatic reporting failure despite retries, you will get an email notification from the system indicating the failure to report, and also the License Page will reflect that your system has transitioned to Manual Reporting. In this case please submit a license report manually after the maintenance window, and reset your reporting setting to Automatic if it was previously set to automatic. If you are set up for Manual license reporting you will be able to submit a report to https://license.jivesbs.com after the maintenance window.
Finally, for the duration of the window, you will not be able to retrieve an updated license from the customer portal at https://community.jivesoftware.com, or updated software binaries.
Please review the following FAQ. If you have any additional questions please file a support ticket.
- How do I know if I'm set up for Automatic or Manual license reporting?
- Are hosted or cloud customers impacted?
- Cloud customers will not be impacted, but hosted customers set up for automatic reporting into the license service may be impacted.
- How do I know if I need to take any action?
- If you were previously set for Automatic submission before the maintenance window, and automatic retries fail during the duration of the window, you will get an emailed notification indicating that license submission has switched to Manual mode.
- The License Page in the Admin Console will appear like the following:
- What do I do if Manual Submission is forced by failure to Automatically report?
- Submit a license report manually to https://license.jivesbs.com
- Reset your license reporting settings to Automatic (only if it was Automatic before the window).