Today I gave the first in what will be our weekly workshop series for anyone trying out Jive as part of our 30 day trial of our full Jive platform.
I thought I'd highlight 3 of my recommendations to start seeing the value in Jive immediately, in addition to the in-product tutorial guides that hopefully everyone checks out right away. The guides help you understand our features but you may still be scratching your head on exactly HOW Jive is used in helping you and your team work smarter and faster.
1. Pick one of your weekly meetings and instead 'meet' in Jive.
Here's what I mean. Many people's calendars look something like the picture on the left.
Those meetings that are highlighted fall into categories such as:
- Project planning meetings
- Event-related discussions and planning
- Company communications meetings
- Team status update meetings
- Cross-continent syncs
- New hire training meetings
- Cross-department meetings
Working smarter and faster
Pick just one meeting and meet in Jive:
- Create a document
- Ask people to add their update to the document
- Ask people to comment there prior to the meeting with questions they have
- If the meeting does occur (it should at least be able to be reduced in half, say from 1 hour to 30 min) then use the document to take notes
- Ask people to comment on the document with any additional follow up questions after the meeting
- Think about the power of having this living document and recap at your fingertips vs. just a calendar invite. You'll be able to always see actions, decisions, and discussions.
2. Pick one document to review in Jive and escape the feedback nightmare.
I'm sure everyone has lived the feedback nightmare on a document you need input and review from your colleagues. Here's how it typically plays out -
- You create a word document and email it out
- Some feedback comes via email
- Some feedback comes via track changes in the document
- Some feedback comes comments in the document
- You have multiple documents to consolidate
- Needless hours are spent combining all the edits
- And then round 2 begins to collect input and you do it all again
Working smarter and faster
Pick just one document to be reviewed in Jive.
So here's how it would work -
- One link gets emailed out to the team
- No feedback comes via email
- All edits are easily tracked via doc versions (see the picture on the right)
- No documents to consolidate
- No time wasted
3. Personally invite your team.
Yes, it's true that when you hit the invite button in Jive it sends your colleagues an invitation email. However, that's not very personal and might even get caught in your company's spam filter. So create an email yourself and send it out. Guess what - we've got you covered. We have email templates available like the one on the right. Just go here Email Template: invite colleagues to work better as a team and then copy and paste that text into an email you start from your desktop.