Many of you have asked for more training to help you be successful in your new roles and we’re thrilled to offer Jive customers "Community Management Fundamentals Training", a set of pre-recorded, self-paced courses selected from the WOMMA-TheCR Community Management training.
How do I register?
Who Should Register?
This program is targeted to Internal or External Community Managers who:
- Are brand new to their role and need to get quickly up to speed.
- Have been in their role for 1- 2 years (or program advocates), who want a refresher on role fundamentals.
What will I learn?
Participants will learn:
- The history and current state of community management
- How to engage in and moderate online conversations
- How to think about
- Community measurement basics
- How leadership and culture impact community strategy
What are the courses in this program?
The program will comprise of
- one live, virtual training (Session 1 on Thursday, December 19, 2013 @ 1pm ET/ noon CT/ 10 am PT)
- followed by eight virtual, self-paced online courses (Sessions 2-9)
The following is the course curriculum:
- Session 1: Defining Communities with Rachel Happe, The Community Roundtable
- Session 2: Social Strategy: Market Context with Rachel Happe, The Community Roundtable
- Session 3: External Community Management with Kathy Baughman, ComBlu and Becky Carroll, PWC
- Session 4: Internal Community Management with Claire Flanagan, formerly at CSC
- Session 5: Content & Programs with Sarah Mahony, formerly at Children's Hospital Boston and Jim Storer, The Community Roundtable
- Session 6: Policies and Governance with Dan Brostek formerly at Aetna
- Session 7: Community Moderation, Crisis Tactics and Listening with Ekaterina Walter, Branderati
- Session 8: Measurement Basics with Misti Crawford, CSC
- Session 9: Leadership & Culture with Sara Roberts, Roberts Golden and Rachel Happe, The Community Roundtable
*If you miss Session 1 Live Training on December 19, don't worry, you can catch up in replay!
How long does this program run?
Registration ends December 31, 2013, but course attendees have until February 14, 2014 to successfully pass the course quiz.
The course community will remain active beyond February 14 so participants can ask and answer questions and retain access to the key lessons.
Course attendees who pass the quiz will receive:
|Course Completion Certificate|
I've already registered. What's Next?
Shortly you will receive an email confirming your registration. These are the next steps:
- If you registered before December 18, you will receive a calendar invite to the December 19, 2013 1 pm ET Live Training (Session #1)
- You will also receive a follow up email with instructions on how to join the private course community "Community Management Fundamentals: Training Course".
- After December 19, the session #1 replay will be loaded in the private course community as well as Sessions #2 - 9 for all course participants to take in a self-paced manner.
What is the Community Roundtable? And how can I find out more about them?
The Community Roundtable is a network of the smartest social business leaders. They connect clients with the people and ideas that help clients build and grow successful communities with their customers, employees, and partners. They offer The CR Network, toolkits, community management training, and advisory services. Learn more at Services - The Community Roundtable
Note: This is the first in a series of training we have planned to help you on your journey to become effective community managers. Be on the look out for more value added training in the upcoming year. In the meantime, don't miss out on this limited time offer!