Checkpoints are time points, such as milestones, along your project timeline that remind you to check on the progress of your project to help you stay on track.
To add a checkpoint to your project:
- Browse to, or select a project that you want to add a checkpoint to.
- In the header section of the project, click the Actions link and choose Checkpoint.
- In the Create a new checkpoint window, enter information in the Name and Description fields, and choose a due date.
- Click the Add Checkpoint button. Your checkpoint shows up as a flag icon on the date you specified within the Project Calendar, and on the Checkpoints timeline.
- Click the checkpoint flag icon in either the Project Calendar or on the Checkpoints timeline to view a pop-up window containing information about that checkpoint. Edit or delete the checkpoint by clicking on the links at the bottom of the pop-up window.