The Outlook Web Access (OWA) Cartridge allows you to bring the rich experience of Jive content and comments into the browser via your OWA account. With this cartridge you can:
- View full content from Jive in the browser
- Comment on content directly from the mail notification
- Convert emails to discussions in your Jive instance
- Be notified if discussions already exist about a specific email
- View sender info as found in your Jive instance
View and reply to content directly from OWA
Here you see a document in Jive presented fully in OWA, including all comments. You can reply directly from the email and the reply will be posted in Jive. You can also view sender info - name, email address, phone number, title, department - from the sender as identified in Jive
Convert emails to discussions and be notified of existing discussions
Got an email you want to convert to a discussion so that you can collaborate with others? Click the Convert to Discussion button embedded into the top right of the pane and quickly convert the email to a discussion. Post it in a Place, the Entire Community, or to Specific People. You can also choose to upload any attachments or embedded images as part of the discussion.
Once an email has been converted to a discussion, you can immediately see it in Jive as well as in the Jive Anywhere pane. You can also see a notification of existing discussions when the email is selected, so you can be aware of existing discussions around that email.
The OWA Cartridge is is compatible with Jive Anywhere v2.1 and Extended APIs v3.
Use of the OWA cartridge requires that it be installed as an Add On and published in your Jive Community. To use the cartridge:
- Go to the Add Ons section
- Under Available Add Ons find OWA Cartridge and click Install
- Go to Admin Console > System > Settings > Jive Anywhere > Cartridges
- Click Edit on the OWA cartridge line, in the drop down menu
- Enter the URL for your OWA server and add to the domain list by clicking the up arrow
- Click Publish in the drop down menu