Jive Cloud Admin (JCA) is a powerful tool for managing hosted Jive installations maintained by Jive Hosted Operations. For the purposes of this article, we will be covering the topics of how to restart your hosted Jive instance. You should already have a login to the JCA and rights to monitor and update at least one hosted installation. If you don't have JCA access and would like to request it, please file a support case in your Jive Community customer group.
NOTE: JCA access is unavailable for Jive Cloud customers.
Scheduling an Immediate Restart
An immediate restart will shut down and restart your Jive instance immediately. Users will be provided with your maintenance page until the site is back up. This is useful for emergency restarts or during scheduled downtimes. To schedule an immediate restart:
1. Sign in to the JCA tool here and cick on "Restart Your Site".
2. Enter your email address in the "Email Contact" field.
3. Determine if you want a full restart (all nodes at once) or a rolling restart (staggered nodes), and place a check mark in or leave the box unchecked under "Do rolling restart". A rolling restart will always keep your site available to your users while we restart each node individually.
4. Select "Restart immediately".
5. Enter a useful description of why you're restarting the site in the "Note" text field. This is extremely helpful if something goes wrong and Jive Customer Support needs to investigate an issue at a later date.
6. Click on "Continue" to initiate the restart immediately. You will receive an email confirmation once the restart has completed successfully or if there were errors.
Scheduling a Deferred Restart
To schedule a restart up to 24 hours in advance, repeat steps 1-6 above, but on step 4, enter the desired time in H:MM AM/PM format. For example, 7:30 PM or 12:00 AM.
Note, you cannot schedule a restart outside of the next 24 hours.
Additional documentation about the architecture of the JCA and common operations or best practices for Jive Cloud Admin users is available at: http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jca/