Jive has spent some time driving towards consistent user definitions and nomenclature across CMR, JCA, the Admin Console, customer contracts and posted reports. The descriptions below should help you understand the different user counts that are used in Jive including JCA extracts, hosting reports, and the Admin console:
- Total Users: Enabled Users that are also Visible (i.e. they are not system accounts created for administrative purposes) and are not External(Bridged) users
- Registered Users: Enabled Users that are also Visible, are not External users and have logged in at some point in time
- Active Users: Enabled Users that are also Visible, are not External users and have logged in at some point in the last 30 days
- External Contributors: External Users that are invited into the community as External Contributors
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the difference between Activated and Deactivated users? Enabled Users are also now called Activated Users; Disabled Users are also now called De-activated Users
- Why do I have a high number of Enabled Users? Enabled Users can be a large number as a result of an LDAP user sync and may not represent the number of users licensed or actually using the system
- What count is used for billing and for my license? The User Count that should be compared to purchased tiers or licensed users is 'Registered Users less External Contributors'
- Why does my Enabled User count change? Enabled User counts may vary over time as users are added/terminated from the community
- Why does my JCA/Hosting report have different terminology? JCA/Hosting reports may still carry other user metrics that contain outdated formulas. If you are using these reports, please use 'registeredusers' instead of 'loggedinusers' or 'registered_users' and 'enabledusersverified' instead of 'enabledusers'