Users are seeing that when using Chrome and navigating to either Content, People, or Places pages, that sometimes the list of entries are not displayed correctly, and the layout and styling of the page will be broken.
The issue has been resolved in Jive 6.0.4 and 7.0.1. There are also some workarounds provided below.
- Bug ID: JIVE-24107
- Bug Summary: Content/People/Places - page broken in Chrome when in card view
- Affected Versions: Jive Custom 6.0.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 7.0.0, Jive Cloud
- Fix Versions: Jive Custom 6.0.4, 7.0.1
Identifying the Problem
This document has been verified for version: Jive Custom 6.0.3, 7.0.0 and Jive Cloud
- User has latest version of Google Chrome installed
- User navigates to either Content, People, or Places list pages (e.g. Browse > Content)
- Verify that you are in Card view and not List view
- Page layout is broken, header is missing, and item entries are not positioned as expected
When a user navigates to a list page, like People, Content, or Places, the header navigation will be missing, and they will be shown an incomplete list of items. Example:
The issue was due to some CSS issues that became apparent in recent Chrome updates.
Resolution and Workarounds
This problem is being tracked under ID JIVE-24107. It has been resolved and will be included in Jive 6.0.4 & 7.0.1.
There are several possible workarounds:
- Use a different browser: The issue only happens in Chrome. Using a different browser, like Firefox, will allow the user to see all of the items in the list
- Use the "List" view instead of the "Card" view:
- Zoom out your browser to 75% to see the standard layout once again. You can do this by going to View > Zoom Out until the screen is at 75%: Change text, image, and video sizes (zoom) - Chrome Help
- Once zoomed out, click the icon in the top right that has 3 horizontal lines. This will set the content list to "List" view instead of "Card" view