Please keep the following in mind when filing a support case. Providing the following information in your case description will help reduce the amount of time it takes to identify the the issue you're seeing.
It is important that you file a new case for each individual or separate issue you may be experiencing. Jive Support will only handle individual issues per support case. If separate issues are identified in a single case then the support agent will branch the issues out to separate cases.
- Provide a meaningful case title - Best Practices for Support Case Titles
- Specific, reproducible steps
- If it is not possible to reproduce the issue, list steps performed, exact date, time and timezone the issue occurred
- Actual behavior you're seeing
- Expected behavior you're not seeing
- Does the issue happen every time, or does it happen occasionally?
- Are you able to reproduce on a separate environment? (e.g. Preview, UAT, SIT, Staging, etc.)
- Does the issue happen for all users, some users, or only a specific user?
- Does the issue happen on all browser types, or only specific types of browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)?
- Can you provide a screenshot or video of the issue you're seeing?
- If On Premise - attach relevant logs and include date/time stamp for when issue was observed
- If Jive 6.0.3 or newer, attach sbs.log
- if 6.0.2 or older, attach sbs.out
- Finding the Jive for Office and Outlook Logs
- How to send your browser's developer tools console errors to Jive Support
- Are there any configurations or custom plugins specific to your environment or recent changes Jive should be aware of while troubleshooting?