ZERO Tolerance Spam Policy
The Jive Community has ZERO tolerance for Spam. All Spam complaints are taken seriously. Spam is considered an unethical form of Internet advertising and is HIGHLY disliked within the Jive Community.
Content posted within the Jive Community should be related to Jive Software; a Jive product, platform, plug-in, app or other development; social business; social media; community management in general, or related topics.
Posts which are not at all related to these topics will be removed and the user who posted them will be immediately disabled without warning.
We encourage all of our community members to FLAG content they see that does not belong in one of the topic areas above.
If you willfully violate our Spam Policy you will:
- Have your user account disabled immediately without notice.
- Have the rest of your content scrutinized for deletion.
The Jive Community reserves the right to determine what constitutes a violation of our Spam Policy. The sole opinion of the Jive Community is ABSOLUTE in determining any and all spam violations. High numbers of spam attempts from different people within your company will result in your entire company being blocked from the system.
Definition of Spam
- Sending of unsolicited and unauthorized e-mails or messages to Jive Community members
- Posting of online communications such as (but not limited to) blog posts, comments, discussions, documents or links to outside web sites which are not related to the topics above.
- Posting messages to groups that do not pertain to the subject matter of that group.
- Promoting your web site or events not related to the topics above.
- Promoting your company's services to individuals via public comments
Note: Jive Partners may offer services via direct or private message, however, they should refrain from public advertising. Excessive use of direct messaging other members with service offerings is discouraged.
Community members: What would you add or change to this policy? Feel free to comment with additions or edits.