Jive for Mobile FAQ - Android and iOS update

Version 1

This FAQ is linked to the blog Latest Mobile News from Jive announcing our new mobile capabilities. If you have any further questions, please add them as comments below and we will include them, with answers ofcourse!

Android app

QuestionAnswer
    Where can I find the new Android app and what are the minimum requirements?The app is available from Google Play under Jive - Android Apps on Google Play and requires Android 4.0.3 and up as well as Jive 7.0.1 or higher
    What user authentication is supported in the Android app?The app supports both cookie based SAML SSO and oAuth 2.0
    Are there any limitations in the Android app?In version 3.0.0 it is not possible to create a blog post, view or create a video, follow new content, people or places and there is no ability to use @mentioning in direct messages. Lower end devices could experience issues with the text editor.
    How do I enable the Android app for enterprise distribution?Full instructions are provided at How To: Configure the Jive Android App For Enterprise Distribution

iOS app

QuestionAnswer
    Where can I find the new iOS app and what are the minimum requirements?The app (version 3.1.0) is available from iTunes under Jive Mobile on the App Store on iTunes and requires iOS 7 or later as well as Jive 6.0.3 and up.
    What authentication is supported for the iOS app?The app supports cookie based SAML SSO
    What's new in the iOS app?The app has been tuned for performance and we've added the ability to swipe to archive messages.
    How do I enable the iOS app for enterprise distribution?Full instructions are provided at How To: Configure the Jive iOS App for Enterprise Distribution

Joint

QuestionAnswer
    What languages are the apps provided in?

The apps support the same languages are the Jive cloud deployment. At present, this covers Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese,  Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Thai

Can the apps be customised further?Yes, please see How To: Configure the Jive Android App For Enterprise Distribution and How To: Configure the Jive iOS App for Enterprise Distribution for details.