Finding your way around AureaWorks can be challenging if you are used to a more traditional Web navigation hierarchy. These tips should help you find the groups you are interested in and help you manage your time here.
Navigate through menus
Navigation links on the header bar and the home page have been added to help you find your way around the community more easily.
Use search to navigate
Even with navigation links, Search is the fastest way to navigate the community. Using the Search field in the upper right corner of the screen will pull up your recent content as well as the most searched content. So this is a great way to move from groups to discussions to groups to people and back again. For complete instructions on how to use search, read Search Tips
Finding places important to you
- To find a place that you have joined / own: Click on your avatar in the top right corner, then select the link for Your Places. When the Places list appears, select an option from the left sidebar either: Group Member or Owned Groups depending on what you are looking for. Your related groups will appear based upon these selections.
- To find a place that you haven't joined: Click on your avatar in the top right corner, then select the link for Your Places. When the Places list appears, select an option from the left sidebar either: Recently Viewed or Recommended depending on what you are looking for.
- TIP #1: If you want to create a short-cut to a community group, use your browser's bookmark function to find it in your browser favorites or pin it to your browser header.
- TIP #2: You can search for a group easily by entering a key word for the group in the Search screen in the upper right corner of the window. Type the key word but do not use the "enter" key so that the results pop-up on your screen. Be sure to scroll down the search results pop-up to see the Places listed at the bottom. (The Search results pop-up shows Content results first, then People, then Places.
- To find content across the community: Enter a key word for the content in the Search screen in the upper right corner of the window. Type the key word but do not use the "enter" key so that the results pop-up on your screen. Content results show at the top of the pop-up. If the content you are looking for isn't there, try clicking on the "Show 5 more" link or the further link for "See all content results". Be sure to check out Comprehensive Guide to AureaWorks Places.
- To find content within a place: Navigate to the place, then click on the Content tab (in grey) at the top of the group page. In the field "Type to Filter by Text" you can enter key words you think might be contained in the content to narrow the returns. Be sure to scroll down to see your results and click through the multiple pages of results (if that is an option).
- To find content you've authored (or someone else has authored): Click on your avatar in the top right corner of the screen, then select Your Content. Select the type of content you're looking for (blog post, discussion) from the tabs along the top, depending on what you are looking for. The links along the left side show what you've authored or participated in. This process also works for finding another person's content as well. Simply search for that person in the Search field, click on their profile and follow the preceding steps.
- To find content you have previously bookmarked: Click in the search box at the top right then click on "Bookmarks" (within the search box, at the top).
Do you have more tips for moving around the community? Be sure to include them in the comments below!