Your avatar lets community members quickly associate your comments and status updates with a simple visual cue (plus, we'd love to see your face).
Photos are a great way for people to “meet” and recognize you in person as well as learn more about your interests and activities. You can upload up to ten (default; max 50) photos that people can see when they visit your profile.
Set your avatar and upload a photo from the Avatar & Photos page in your Profile:
- Click your avatar in the upper-right corner of the community to access the Personal drop-down menu.
- Choose the Edit Profile link under the Personal section.
- To add a photo, click the Add photo link at the bottom of the first box under the Avatar & Photos heading on the left.
- Browse to a photo on your computer that you’d like to upload.
- Click the Upload & Continue button.
- If you’d like to crop your photo, drag the handles to select the portion of the photo you want to show, then drag the box to position your selection. Click the Crop Photo button.
- You can update your avatar with this photo by clicking the Yes link in the Update Avatar section and choosing a square of the photo to use as your avatar.
- Click Finish. Your photo now appears in your photos and in the avatar section below.
- The top left photo is your primary photo. Drag a photo from one of the other boxes to make that photo your primary photo.
- If you can upload your own custom avatars, click the Add another avatar link and find the file you wish to use and click the Upload and Continue button.
- Crop the file and click the Crop Image button. This will add the new avatar to your list of custom avatars and automatically set it to your current avatar.
- Optionally, you can choose an avatar from the gallery of available images, including ones you have uploaded.
- Click Finished at the bottom of the screen to set your photos and avatar and return to your profile page.