Getting too many emails from AureaWorks? Not getting enough email notifications and now you are missing key updates?
Did you know that you can set your preferences for email notifications on any of your streams, including your community inbox? Hint: You must be logged in to AureaWorks to update your settings.
To turn email notifications OFF or ON:
- Go to your Preferences page on your profile
- Under your avatar (top right corner of the screen), select Preferences
- Turn on receive email at the very top of the list - as shown below (this means you will get an email in your company's email system).
- Next, select Inbox - Everything in my Inbox page, except direct social actions as shown below.
- Next, select Inbox - Direct social interactions as shown below.
- If you are concerned with receiving too many emails from Jive, be sure to select NO for every other option.
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen (or your changes will not be saved).
When you turn ON email notifications for a stream or your Inbox, you will get an email every time that stream or Inbox is updated. This can get overwhelming quickly so we recommend setting email notifications to OFF whenever possible except for your Inbox. Note: It's especially important to select On for the "Inbox (@mentions...)" line item or you might miss direct interactions unless you are checking AureaWorks every day.
Use the following settings to understand when you'll receive an email notification:
|Setting||When Email Notifications are ON you will:|
|Inbox (things you've followed in your Inbox)||Receive a separate email each time someone posts an update to an item you've selected to follow in your Inbox.|
|Inbox (@mentions, messages, and shares)||Receive an email each time someone @ mentions you, shares content with you, or sends you a message in the community.|
|Inbox (tasks, connections, and skills endorsements)||Receive an email each time you have a new task, a new connection, or a new skills endorsement.|
|Moderation||Receive an email when you have content to moderate (if you're a content moderator).|
|Connections Stream||Receive an email each time a followed person, place, or item posts an update in this stream.|
|Your Custom Streams||Receive an email each time new activity is posted in your custom stream(s).|
|Community Digest||Receive a community digest email every day, once or twice a week, or never.|
|Include body of content in email||You can select whether or not you'd like your email notifications to include the full text of the community item you're being notified about.|
How to Unsubscribe
To turn off all email notification or to "unsubscribe," you must have selected NO to all of the Notification Settings in your profile and saved them to your profile.