We currently have a full time position posted for an experienced Community Manager, proficient in Jive on our careers website. While we internally call the role "Community Organizer" it functions as a Senior Community Manager. This would be based in our Evanston Illinois office.
Here is a link to the job description and I've copied it below.
Posting Job Title: ZSpace Community Organizer
Job Category:Corporate Support - Marketing
Job Function:Corporate Support
Posting Location:Evanston, IL, USA
Job Description:ZS Associates is a global management consulting firm specializing in sales and marketing strategy, operations and execution. ZS is recognized for its expertise in go-to-market and sales force strategies and its downstream implementation capabilities. ZS helps companies achieve sales success by delivering both issue-specific solutions and large-scale business transformations.
With 22 offices and more than 2500 people worldwide, we have concentrated our resources on creating competitive advantage in sales and marketing for our clients in selected industries. Our focus has enabled us to develop an unmatched depth of knowledge and base of experience. ZS also has a unique working environment. Our work is challenging, intense and highly quantitative, yet our interactions are direct and informal.
What opportunities exist at ZS?
We are looking for a Community Organizer to join our Headquarters group in our Evanston, IL office. The person in this role will serve as the face of the firm’s online community, ZSpace, and will champion community engagement efforts and lead collaboration with thought leaders. This role is designed for a self-starter who is very experienced in online community engagement and knowledge sharing. This role is ideal for individual who has a strong passion for technology and the people it impacts.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Shape how the platform connects with other software, tools and data sources to allow for seamless integration into workflow
- Proactively strategize how ZS can leverage the community to further knowledge sharing
- Set the tone for knowledge sharing activity (on- and off-line), encouraging users to abide by ZS core values (get it right, treat people right, do the right thing) and the online code of conduct
- Continuously engage and build relationships with community members and leaders, assessing their needs through in-person discussions and develop solutions to end-user feedback
Initiate discussions with group leaders (on- and off-line) to increase community activity and serve as a resource and increase involvement
- Create strategic plan to manage and grow this established community to serve the business needs of the organization and employees
- Create, edit and publish multimedia content and tutorials
- Organize new information and re-organize existing entries, adding tags and categories as necessary
- Enable groups to create content themselves by sharing best practices, how-to tips, and tactical knowledge through discussions, blogs, etc.
- Nurture the online community, facilitate conversations and knowledge sharing, increase organization of content and utility
- Communicate with IT / Vendors to discuss feature requests and outstanding issues
- Communicate with your manager to assess how the platform is meeting objectives
- Stay abreast of industry trends and user needs to improve the platform and continue innovating
- Ensure content appropriateness with assistance from the community
- Track and measure value (quantitative metrics and qualitative anecdotes) of knowledge sharing activities within the community
- Keep a pulse on firm-wide activity and recommend investment of effort to deepen the community's reach and improve overall experience
Qualifications:What are we looking for?
We seek an energetic and dynamic individual with a demonstrated track record in online community engagement. The Community Organizer will support multiple ZS practice areas and client teams, and will need to be comfortable with a fairly expansive breadth of information.
We seek individuals with the following:
- Minimum 4-5 years of work experience in online community management
- Passion for collaborative technologies
- Motivation and initiative
- Service orientation and customer empathy
- Organization and planning skills
- Desire to create new content types
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Responsive and creative
- Experience using Jive Software
- BA/BS Degree in a discipline that develops analytic skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML, Dreamweaver and Adobe products
- Video recording and editing experience
- Customer Service experience
- Experience training end-users on technology either in person or remotely
- Strong record of academic achievement
- Experience with social or collaboration software (wikis, blogs, discussion forums, etc.)
- Experience with digital media (podcasts, online video, etc.)
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and often unstructured environment
- Professional services experience/exposure a plus; multi-national experience a plus
For the Community Organizer position we seek US Citizens/Permanent residents only.
Candidates must submit their resume on our website, www.zsassociates.apply2jobs.com, and complete an informational survey. Please be prepared with the following information for the survey when applying:
- Cover letter/Statement
- Office preferences
- Cumulative GPA for all undergraduate and all graduate programs
- Transcripts, if graduation date is within the past 4 years (we provide you with a fax number and email address in the survey)
- Availability dates
- Work authorization status