SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 100,000 customers worldwide– from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Focused on the real-world needs of IT professionals, SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to manage today’s complex IT environments. SolarWinds’ growing online community, thwack, is a gathering-place for problem-solving, technology-sharing, and participating in product development for all of SolarWinds’ products.
The Community Product Manager will be responsible for developing and executing web and platform based initiatives that focus on improving user engagement and community development within SolarWinds Thwack community. Primary stakeholders will include international web development team, external coding consultants, product management, support and marketing teams. If you are an out-of-the-box thinker with a proven track record for game-changing web and community-oriented ideas that focus on engaging and growing a thriving community, this job is for you!
What will you be doing?
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional departments and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Create industry-leading innovative features within the SolarWinds Community to increase user engagement, new user recruitment and overall user satisfaction.
- Manage the end-to-end project lifecycle: gather business requirements from stakeholders, write functional requirements for developers, scope and schedule projects based on developer/contractor capacity, communicate project status to stakeholders, work with development team on execution and deployment of projects, assist in user-testing of all project requirements, and obtain formal sign off on all project deliverables from different stakeholders.
- Become expert in the JIVE platform as well as SolarWinds’ implementation of their individual environment in order to better lead decisions on the SolarWinds Community Roadmap.
- Contribute new ideas for strategic projects to improve our Community and process enhancements to increase our efficiency.
- Track and report weekly on percent complete, budget burn, earned value, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and other key project metrics.
- Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects in a given time period as well as be extremely detail oriented in tasks and communications.
- Create, maintain and communicate project schedules and timelines based on input from teams responsible for the execution of project requirements.
- Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
What are we looking for?
- This position requires a BA/BS degree in a technical and/or marketing field and up to 5+ years of web and/or community based experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting
I'm interested, where do I apply?: SolarWinds - Careers - Community Product Manager