Starting with the Fall 2014 Jive Cloud release, you can limit the visibility of an app using security groups from the Add-ons tab. You can specify one or more security groups whose users can see a particular app. This functionality is only available for apps you have installed.
(NOTE: For finer-grained control over app security, refer to App Actions Filtered by Security Group.)
To change the visibility of an app:
- Click your avatar in the top right and select Add-ons.
- From the Add-ons tab, select All Add-ons > Installed.
- Click the gear icon next to the add-on containing the desired app and select Settings.
- Click the gear icon in the App Security column of the row containing the app you want to manage.
The Manage App Security Groups dialog appears.
- If you don't have security groups already specified for this purpose, click the Admin Console link in the dialog box and create those groups. After creating security groups, return to App Security for this app.
- Type the first few letters of the name of the security group whose users should see this app. When the correct security group appears in the dropdown list, select it.
- Repeat the previous step until all security groups are specified.
- Click Save Changes.
Once security groups are associated with an app, only users within those security groups can see the app. The app will not appear to other users.