App Actions Filtered by Security Group

Version 13

Overview

There is a new feature for the Winter 2015 Jive Cloud Release (8c5) of Jive that allows you to filter app actions by security group. In this way, you can ensure that only members of a specific security group can see a specific app action.

For detailed information about "app actions", refer to App Action Contribution Reference.

For information about controlling an entire app's visibility based on the security group, refer to Manage App Visibility Using Security Groups.

Syntax

path="<pathtype>?filter=securityGroupMember(<type>,<value>)"

Where:

• pathtype is the app action path value, as described in App Action Contribution Reference
    • type can be one of the following:
      1. user (the currently logged in user)
      2. context (the currently viewed profile)
    • value must be either the name of the security group or the value of an AppData key. If it is an AppData key, it should use the following syntax: __AP_APPDATAKEY__ where APPDATAKEY is the name of the AppData key. For example, "__AP_specialSecurityGroup__" extracts the value of the AppData key named "specialSecurityGroup".

Examples

The logged-in user must be a member of the security group named 'my-group' to see this create menu app action:

path="jive/actions/navmenu?filter=securityGroupMember(user,my-group)"

The logged-in user must be a member of the security group named 'My Group' to see this create menu app action:

path="jive/actions/navmenu?filter=securityGroupMember(user,'My Group')"

The user whose profile is being viewed must be a member of the security group 'my-group' to see this user profile app action:

path="jive/tabs/profile?filter=securityGroupMember(context,my-group)"

The logged-in user must be a member of the security group value found in the "registeredUsersSecurityGroup" app data key to see this content sidebar app action:

path="jive/actions/content/*?filter=securityGroupMember(user,__AP_registeredUsersSecurityGroup__)"