In order to add the StreamOnce Facebook App to a Facebook fan page, do the following:
- In Jive: Make sure that Add-on Services are allowed and the latest StreamOnce add-on is installed on the instance. Jive Support can help with the StreamOnce add-on installation.
- Add-ons > Add-on Service Settings: /admin/apps-addons-dashboard.jspa
- In Facebook: Make sure you’re signed in as the admin of the Facebook fan page.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/dialog/pagetab?app_id=610728062309770&next=https://streamonce.prod.jivehosted.com
- Select your Fan Page in the drop-down and click "Add Page Tab". It will redirect to the Streamonce homepage, which means it's succeeded adding the app to your fan page. (Note: The StreamOnce Engineering team is working to make an actual "Success! App was added" page). It is currently a little vague...
- When you return to your fan page, Go to Settings > Apps. You should see the link to the app under Added Apps. You can change the name of the tab by clicking on Edit Settings.
- Click on Go to App.
- Click on Authenticate
- Type in your Jive URL in the input field (e.g., “community.jivesoftware.com”) and click “Continue”
- Type in the URL for the banner image if you want a banner image at the top of the app.
- You can see a good example of the banner at the Globe Telecom page at Globe Telecom - Taguig - Telecommunication - Globe Community | Facebook
- Once the places/groups load in the admin, check the ones you want to be available in the app.
- Click “Save Settings"
- All done! Now you can go check the app out by going to the FB page and clicking on the Tab.
Stolen wholesale from Troy Gardella and created as a private doc so I can share with additional audiences.