Senior Enterprise Community Manager
Global Learning & Development | New York, NY or Edison, NJ
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We're proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 450 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 9,500 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
The Enterprise Community Manager will monitor, seed, and enhance the overall growth and usage of the Medinet Internal Social Networking & Collaboration site (Medidata Express). He/she will oversee the overall online communities in Medidata Express, be aware of online user needs and opportunities to communicate and enhance active users, and will respond to those needs by ensuring the appropriate online communication, virtual training modules, functionalities, alerts, and fixes are in place.
● Build community strategy recommendations for Sponsorship and cross-functional stakeholder approval, commitment and working group execution
● Plan and manage the community engagement calendar. Engage with the community not only with content, but also through discussion seeding, social media chats, video, as well as leveraging online and offline events/programs
● Drive programs to drive a higher balance of user-generated content, member conversations and peer-to- peer support / networking
● Monitor the community and be the keeper of the community rules of engagement. Manage “Inappropriate Use” procedures and escalation for resolution with the right stakeholders
● Oversee the total community member experience, taking care to welcome new members, connect members with like members, and build affinity
● Build and deliver training to build internal SMEs expertise in the use of social business and community tools to achieve marketing engagement goals
● Direct topic- or industry-specific working group efforts and resolves issues as they arise, plan platform upgrades and resolve user issues
● Build and analyze the community metrics including qualitative and quantitative measurements; include data from our social media listening tools, community metrics data, user polls/surveys, and other measurement tools. Provide insights gained to Marketing and Editorial teams and evolve community strategies to improve member sentiment and community engagement to achieve business goals.
● Stay engaged with external professional community management networks, regularly benchmarking community usability, industry best practice, and new trends with an eye towards improving and evolving our social business program
● Act as the advocate of customers, ensuring customer sentiment is shared internally and questions are answered in a timely manner
● Help define community engagement best practices and community release planning (technical features)
● In addition, track the Medidata Express ROI dashboards and runs ad hoc data queries as needed
● Have a passion for achieving client service excellence and the creative ways these social tools can be used to build relationships, engage with a company’s customers, partners and prospects to drive mutual business value
● Understand that clear business objectives are the key to driving success. You know how to envision community goals, present the goals and business case with conviction and build cross-functional, executive and stakeholder commitment
● Continually curious and exploring new ideas without specific instruction: can easily translate the business value of new trends for the community and balance innovation with necessary doses of realism and pragmatism, knowing how to work effectively with given tools, processes or resources
● Have a strong external professional network of your own of like-minded community managers from which you can draw inspiration, tips and benchmark best practices. Equally, effectively build and nurture relationships with customers, prospects, colleagues, staff and executives at all levels of the organization
● Must be intuitive about the dynamics of human behavior, politics, interpersonal dynamics and conflict resolution.
● Understand the breadth and depth of web and social media analytics and are able to effectively deliver regular dashboards measuring business outcomes and marketing ROI. Equally, know how to analyze and spot trends and adjust plans to keep programs on target
● Understand that engagement is not just about content consumption but that you have put effective strategies in place to drive member participation and interaction. Must also know how to listen and be visible in the community without being overly obtrusive or the dominating voice
● Know community management is not just facilitating and moderating the community content; need to have sharp customer service, leadership and conflict resolution skills and know how to respond to positive and controversial feedback from fans and preventing crises.
● Must be comfortable leading meetings, knowing when to use influence and persuasion skills, and how to work across boundaries within a company
● Have a proven track record in building community advocate programs that encourages, recognizes and rewards advocates / influencers for their leadership, involvement and contribution back to the community
● Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems
● Full knowledge of virtual communities and social networking industry practices.
● Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
● Excellent writing and editing skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work with executives who lead a complex organization.
● Demonstrated strong project and time management skills.
● Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills; strong MS Excel skills required
● Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sociology, Human Dynamics, Journalism, English or Business Administration or related field or four additional years of equivalent experience
● 5 or more years of experience working in a complex digital communications or community management environment with demonstrated excellence in developing, implementing and monitoring strategic digital communications programs
● Corporate/enterprise 2.0 social networking experience
● Jive Software experience strongly preferred
● Complete understanding and application of Enterprise 2.0 principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.