We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work better together ™.
If you know anyone that might be interested in this role please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about helping the world’s professionals work better together? The Senior Product Marketing Manager will join Jive’s Product Marketing team reporting to the Director and aligning to one or more product lines, focusing on defining and driving market success in partnership with Product Management, Marketing and Sales. We are seeking passionate product marketers that play to win and thrive in a team environment. We balance execution with a thoughtful and innovative path to market. The Product Marketing team’s philosophy is to always focus on the customer and company first. Success is predicated on sharing, being curious and always being up for something new. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
This position may be located in our Palo Alto, CA or Portland, OR.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager for new product development has a successful track record of developing and launching new products by focusing on the following areas: audience understanding, market understanding and go-to-market strategy. A strong foundation in core product marketing principles that fall under these categories (e.g. competition, pricing, selling strategy, distribution, positioning, etc) is imperative. This person effectively manages by influence and can lead cross-functional teams across the finish line. The role requires both a keen sense for the big picture as well as the ability to execute, measure, iterate and optimize tactically, leveraging strong partnerships across the organization.
- 6+ years’ B2B marketing and business experience
- 4+ years’ product marketing experience
- Expertise in SaaS marketing; successful track record quickly synthesizing insights from multiple sources, developing recommendations and working cross-functionally on winning GTM strategies
- Experience and ability to be conversant in the following is imperative: Audience and market understanding models, product market fit, distribution, pricing and selling strategies, positioning, messaging, thought leadership and analyst relations, marketing analytics
- Experience developing and launching new products, especially on mobile, in partnership with product management/engineering and sales
- 4+ years’ experience in a modern marketing mix (content marketing, social editorial, etc.)
- 4+ years’ experience developing and executing marketing campaigns that promote offers or new product releases
- Demonstrated track record of adopting new technologies to accelerate impact
- BA or BS degree required
- Superior collaborator who understands how to “manage by influence” and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, leveraging Jive extensively as the collaboration platform
- Comfortable in a dynamic work environment and competitive category
- Hands-on product marketer who has a strong execution orientation
- Self-starter who ramps swiftly
- Motivated by leveraging data-driven insights to build strategies and make decisions to grow the business
- Experience in both B2C and B2B marketing is a plus
- Experience working in and leveraging integrated marketing planning processes
- Strong written and verbal skills expressed through the development of marketing collateral (e.g. customer testimonials, white papers) or presentations (e.g. sales and customer training)
- MBA preferred
Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive Software offers a very generous benefits program, which includes an employee stock option plan, generous PTO, health, dental and vision insurance, short term and long term disability, and 401(k). Compensation is partially based on experience and is negotiable.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ***, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf[www1.eeoc.gov]
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at www.jivesoftware.com/jobs