The primary function of this role is site administration of AMD’s external community. This includes first level technical support, business user training, IA implementation, and work with users across the business to foster adoption and encourage community engagement. The Community Administrator will help to maximize the value of the Jive platform as a strategic communication and knowledge management tool by helping employees quickly find the information they need to do their jobs, manage their lives as employees, connect to other users, and improve engagement.
Essential Job Duties:
- Technical maintenance of the Jive platform, including but not limited to space and group maintenance, and guiding correct usage of the platform’s tools.
- Coach users and administrators on the use of collaboration tools and social content such as blogs, wikis, etc., and provide guidance for effectively using the tools.
- Develop best practices for the launch and growth of communities
- Provide education & support for Group and Space Administrators (community managers)
- Develop educational materials to assist communities in growing their membership and engagement
- Monitor community activity, establish effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the community, and define objectives to increase site usage.
- Identify needs within the community; provide input regarding the evolution of the site, and assist in strategy development for future phases.
- Report on overall Community Health metrics
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of new initiatives
- Leverage metrics to identify opportunities for improvements
- Provide direction on new social collaboration tools and best practices, and monitor how other organizations and companies are using them
- 2-3 years experience community management in a social media/business platform
- Extensive knowledge of Jive and its functionality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
- Understands the value and uses of social business for internal audiences and is skilled at encouraging adoption among users.
- Understanding of the value and use of social media/business tools including wikis, discussions, tagging and search optimization and RSS feeds.
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- 1-2 years as a system administrator, preferably on Jive
- Fundamental knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Background in site analytics and reporting on key business metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communication, Social Learning or a related major preferred.