Starting with the 2015.2 Jive Cloud release, you can create a tile using your own custom HTML — without even the need to create your own add-on. You add an HTML tile to a page the same way you add other tiles: by managing a Jive place or editing a page, and selecting Add a tile.
Note that there are some limitations to what you can put in this HTML tile. Refer to Custom HTML in Your Jive Community for more information.
To add an HTML tile to a page:
- Be sure that your community manager has installed Jive's HTML Tile add-on from the global registry. See Installing an Add-on from the Global Registry for more information.
- Manage a place or edit a page so that you can add a new tile.
- Click Add a tile.
- Select the Create New Tile category.
- Choose Create an HTML Tile.
- Specify your HTML in the HTML field.
- Add images or other files using the Manage Files button.
You can get the full URL for an image by clicking the "click to view URL" link. Use this URL in your HTML. For example:
<img src="my.domain.com/resources/statics/1006/generic-html-tile-icon-128.png?a=1432741908331" />
- Specify presentation settings, such as height or responsiveness, as necessary.
- Click Submit.
- Save changes to the page.
Your HTML tile is now visible.