This role will support web based applications for our Academy & Communities team. This role will work closely with our IT Project Managers, infrastructure team, support team, database administrators, offshore development team, vendor consultants and other technical resources to enhance, maintain and support our existing and future Community and Learning applications at Hitachi Data Systems.
- Act as the Lead Developer and System Administrator for our Community (Jive) and Learning Management System (LMS) platforms.
- Provide work estimates for new development projects.
- Create technical design documents, and technical architecture documents
- Conduct on hands development work, and lead the technical track for projects working with other developers / consultant resources / database admins / other technical resources
- Oversee and resolve technical issues during development phase. Complete unit testing.
- Monitor and resolve technical issues assigned during testing phase.
- Act as the technical deployment lead during cutovers. Develop & execute on detailed go-live check list working closely with the IT infrastructure team, consultants, and other technical resources.
- Work closely with cross functional teams for projects that include interfaces into Community and Learning platforms. Acquire knowledge on platforms and related interfaces supported by the Digital Experience Team.
- Assist with transitioning from our current to the new learning system.
- Provide Tier 3 support for escalated issues, and work with 3rd party vendors for issue resolution.
- Perform system administrator tasks such as running usage reports, and other tasks as needed.
- Experience developing within Jive including customizing Jive and managing migrations, upgrades and integration projects.
- Administration/Tuning experience of Unix and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Java and J2EE applications
- Experience with Application Server and Web server technology like Jboss, BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, IIS, Tomcat/Apache,
- Experience with databases/servers such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle 10G, Sybase, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache.
- Good communication skills, and high work ethic.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives at the same time
- Team player who is willing to learn, and develop good working relationships with cross functional teams.
- Cornerstone On-Demand (CSOD) knowledge and experience is a plus but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, ***, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.