HDS IT Digital Experience Team is looking for a Business Analyst to join its growing team. HDS IT Digital Experience Team supports Web, Community, Academy, Content, Identity and Access Management Platforms at Hitachi Data Systems. This Business Analyst joining our team will be responsible for collaborating with cross functional teams to include business, IT, and vendor resources to deliver projects for applications such as our internal and external Communities, Learning and Management Ecosystem, and more. This role will complete and document requirements, functional design, thoroughly test solutions as well as support their business counterparts in testing the final solution for production readiness. The ideal candidate should have experience working with Community and Academy platforms, and mobile applications experience is desired.
- Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to gather, analyze and document information needs and functional requirements.
- Lead business analysis and modeling activities by interviewing process owners, users and other stakeholders to identify business processes, evaluates the current process and workflow for various business functions; documents findings and recommends improvements.
- Act as a liaison between Project Sponsors/Stakeholders and technical teams. Lead cross-functional teams to deliver business and technical requirements, business rules, concept maps, process maps, user flows, acceptance tests.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, assist team members in preparing for meetings, lead discussions, summarize and communicate outcomes to users and managers and resolution of issues.
- Resolve issues between stated business requirements and what is technically feasible by identifying issues, evaluate alternative systems solutions with system designers and users and communicate the end result.
- Test the application as required by project timelines. This also includes supporting stakeholder testing.
- Post production support during warranty period.
- Document requirements, functional design, test scripts, test cases, and release notes for areas supported as part of the project.
- Assist the Project Manager in creating and publishing weekly status and financial reports.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Experience analyzing business requirements and translating those into functional specifications for the technical teams.
- Ability to interview business users and functional leaders in order to gather requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance priorities on multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and decomposition skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, logical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid judgment with ability to creatively problem-solve, ability to think logically; ability to analyze many parts of a complex problem at the same time.
- Experience with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Process, Quality Center defect tracking and requirements tracking.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio including the ability to develop professional presentations.
- Exposure to Jive, Cornerstone On Demand (CSOD), Saba, and Mobile technologies are desired.
- Experience working in a Scrum or Agile environment is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, ***, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.