Do you have what it takes to scale the 7Summits?
As a Community Manager you will play a key role in ensuring community membership, vitality and success for our clients online communities. You will help to encourage user participation and engagement throughout the community, manage and moderate content, report on community activities, communicate insights and recommendations to grow the community, educate and train clients and community users, and configure the platform and features to support business needs and community goals. In your day-to-day role you will help and support communities at varying stages of the build, launch and grow phases.
What you’ll do:
- Encourage and facilitate conversations and relationships within our client’s communities.
What it means:
- Provide high-touch community member service and support; use our processes to give them an extraordinary experience
You’ll like this if you like:
- Thrilling people with great service and taking care of the smallest details
- Great Communicator, Customer Focused, Attention to Detail, Analytical
- Understanding the spectrum of community user types including advocates, contributors, participators and observers.
- Demonstrated strategies and tactics that drive community engagement depending on audience types (passive and active) and community goals like engagement, creation or consumption of user generated content
- Support clients in content curation and creation of community content
- Moderation of User Generated Content
- Understand, relate to, and talk to our client’s community members
- Social networking to meet new people and build relationships
- Building relationships and connections, including advocate identification.
- Be a great communicator in all media- phone, email, and social channels
- Stellar writing in a business-casual voice
- Creation of Training & Communication plans and executing to them
- Identify trends and Analysis of community vitality
- Keep up to date on platform/software updates and versions
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2-5 years of experience managing online communities on a platform such as Jive or Salesforce.
- Experience with Jive, Salesforce, Lithium, Telligent, Drupal or other social business collaboration platforms
- Ability to ask questions, provide comments, and general feedback within the community, and work with appropriate internal resources to address any issues or questions.
- Coach users and administrators on the use of collaboration tools and social content such as blogs, wikis, etc., and provide guidance for effectively using the tools.
- Coordinate implementation of marketing campaigns using the community as the primary communication platform.
- Work with a cross-functional team of content owners to foster development of compelling content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
- Integrated marketing with other channels including open social media, search engines, websites, email marketing and offline
- Help to enforce policies and standards related to community activity, content creation and organization, and visual and written standards.
- Monitor community activity, establish effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the community, and define objectives to increase site usage.
- Identify needs within the community, provide input regarding evolution, and assist in strategy development for future phases.
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of new community initiatives.
- Provide direction on new social collaboration tools and best practices, and monitor how other organizations and companies are using them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
- Comfortable presenting and coaching to large audiences.
- Understands the value and uses of community for external and internal audiences and is skilled at encouraging adoption among users.
- Fundamental knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Understanding of UX & the latest community designs
- Background in site analytics and reporting on key business metrics
- Strong customer service orientation and exercises sound judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize between key deliverables
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated management of open social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc. is a plus
7Summits offers competitive salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k plan, paid holidays, vacation and flex time.
Ascend with the best—come see what we’re all about!
Please contact Laura McCullum for more information:
Senior Community Manager