Overview & Use Cases
Gmail integration provides Jive user information within Gmail and allows to convert emails to discussions and upload documents to Jive.
The type of integration is external to Jive
- Learn about colleagues by embedding rich Jive profile fields inside Gmail
- Socialize emails by converting them to Jive discussions and continuing the conversation in a discussion format when applicable (as opposed to bouncing emails)
- Create file content objects in Jive by uploading attachments directly from Gmail
Features & Screenshots
|Viewing People Information|
- People information is displayed in a right side bar.
- Unidentified emails (such that do not have a matching email address in Jive use base) show as regaulr email links.
- Mapping field is email. Admins can customize the Cartridge using the SDK and change the mapping field to any custom user field, and also change the displayed profile fields.
- Clicking on a user opens up a user detail card with more info. Users can click on a link to navigate to Jive and open up the profile page of the user for further info.
- For emails containing one or more attachments, users ca create an uploaded file document in Jive and include the attachment as the (version controlled) uploaded file
|Converting email to discussion|
- users can convert any email to a Jive discussion
- Allows to crop past correspondence in the email boidy
- Allows to upload one or more attachments in the email as attachments to the discussion
- Allows to upload one or more embedded images in the email as attachments to the discussion
|View existing discussions per email|
- Pull-able side bar shows one or more discussions created for the email
- Listed discussions can be expanded to show disucssion content item as well as any comment thread
- Discussion view supports rich text editing including @mentions and supports Like
|Rich Jive View (JView) for notification emails|
- notification emails from jive that are related to content items are rendered in Gmail with a Jive view (JView)
- JView supports social interaction including posting comments and Liking with full @mention capabilities
- Emails can also be rendered using the default email template
- notification emails also feature related content coming form Jive recommendation engine
Technical Info & Compatibility
- Powered by Jive anywhere, and implemented as a cartridge within the Gmail web experience
- Recommended activation URL: mail.google.com/mail
- Gmail v2 Add-on requires JA 3.1
- Gmail v2 requires Jive cloud , or on-prem/hosted version 8.0.1 and up
Note: Gmail Add-on (previous version, or v1) is deprecated and is replaced by Gmail v2
- Gmail v2 cartridge is packaged in an Add-on named Gmail v2 and available in global registry for licensed Jive editions