This is necessary in order to use Jive Daily with 2015.3 Jive-n and 2016.1 Jive-n preview. Upon the release of 2016.1, you will no longer need add this add-on.
2015.3 Jive-n Cloud release brings with it a full integration between Jive n and Jive Daily. Below is a full guide on how to activate Jive Daily from within Jive-n.
1. Click on "Add-Ons" the the menu:
2. You'll go to the Add-Ons page. Click on the "Available" and find Jive Daily in the list.
3. Click on the Install button and then accept the EULA:
4. Once accepted, you'll see this screen. Click to open "Advanced Settings":
5. Check the box next to "Allow this add-on to obtain an access token using authenticated session". Then click "Save Settings."
6. This screen will be shown. Click on "Configure Now.."
7. Click on "Set up Jive Daily"
8. Click on "Save and Activate"
9. Once installed, you will see Jive Daily in the "Installed" list:
11. Make sure to invite all your employees to download the app. Send them an email, or post an Announcement in your Jive-n Instance. Here is a quick template that you can use:
Excited to share a new mobile app we have to help deliver internal employee communications within the company in a mobile friendly way. Jive Daily, a mobile newsreader app to help you see all the news, posts, and content you see in your news stream within ( insert the name of your Jive-N Instance) seamlessly on your mobile device! With Jive Daily, you will now be able to stay up to date on all the company news when you are on-the-go. You can also comment, like and explore new groups and people within the app!
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!