20151021_160440.jpg

Version 1
    Click to view larger image

LIVE
    LIKE A KRITTER

On November 13, 1998 (Friday) I met my best friend and love of my life, Kristen.  My college friend, Dan Lanigan, had asked me to join him for a night out in the city, as he was catching up with a high school friend of his, Kristen.  I reluctantly joined as I didn’t want to be a third wheel.  Dan had been sick but he insisted on going out anyway.  We met her at Penn Station and she ran up to Dan and gave him a famous Kritter hug.  She hugged me as well and I thought she was really cool and pretty.  We all went to an Irish pub where she bought me a black and tan.  I remember thinking this girl was way cool and really enjoyed chatting with her.  After that we went to McDonalds and we all chatted.  I had just met her but I was feeding her french fries as we all sat at the table.  Dan had said he was feeling very ill and was going to head back to campus.  Kris had a work event where she was taking some clients, she was working at McCann Ericson, to a comedy show.  I asked her if she wanted to hang out after the show and she said maybe.  I said maybe is better than a no.  It was before cell phones so she gave me her 1-800 work number where she asked me to leave her a message telling her where to meet up.  She said if the event ended early she might catch up with me.  I went back to a bar at Penn Station and proceeded to be a total creep and leave her five messages over the course of two hours.  I then remember it like it was yesterday, there she was coming down the escalator to meet up with me.  I ran out of the bar.  I met her at the bottom of the escalator and said, “Let’s rock and roll kid!”  She thought I was quite persistent and nuts.  We then went to a nightclub where we drank and danced for a bit.  I thought she was amazing.  While at the nightclub I asked her if I could kiss her and she smiled and said of course.  We smooched for a bit and then decided to leave.  It was about 2AM when we left and
    we just walked around the city.  We told each other about our lives and where we came from.  We hit it off immediately.  The sun was starting to come up I said to
    her, “You realize we’re gonna get married one day.”  She thought I was off my rocker and to this day when I tell that story she tells people that I come off as psychotic.  I just knew.  We just knew.  From that day on we were inseparable. 

There is no possible way I can do justice to our 17 years together and 15 years of marriage in a few sentences. 

I lost my best friend and love of my life.  My little Kritterbug. 

I believe in love at first sight and I will love my girl forever infinity