Bunzl is seeking a socially savvy and driven individual to champion the use of our internal collaborative community. The community manager will consult with individual business across the UK & Ireland to develop a plan to optimise the use of the internal community to meet the needs for collaboration as well as help our employees better engage with customers. This individual will be responsible for the strategy and management of our cloud based social intranet platform. The internal community manager will report to the IT Director for UK & Ireland
- Determine strategy for home page architecture and design
- Engage closely with each Bunzl business to consult on how to get the most value out of the community
- Develop a plan for community improvements and how new use cases will be brought on board.
- Define and set measurable goals for each Bunzl community.
- Mentor and advise designated space/group community managers to help them curate and optimise their respective channels
- Develop and/or facilitate employee-wide trainings on community best practices
- Help define and enforce consistent governance policies
- Lead by example in promoting an open, positive and active employee community
- Motivate and engage users daily; create excitement around community initiatives
- Work with IT Support to identify issues and track them through to resolution
- Coordinate with local community managers and marketing teams to represent community management best practices and case studies to external audiences via blog posts, presentations, etc.
- Develop of network of community advocates to help champion best practices and groups.
- Work closely with senior management to triage and funnel user requirements for inclusion into the community road map when appropriate
- Create and manage social rewards and recognition program for employees
- Develop and report metrics consisting of both qualitative and quantitative measurements that helps Bunzl evaluate collaboration
- Manage the Quarterly updates to the community and communicate these improvements to all levels
- Stay up to date on the latest social trends
- Work with the IT Director on an internal comms strategy to support the IT department in communicating effectively with the wider business
- Excellent organisational, writing, and presentation skills
- 3 years community management experience
- Open and honest communication skills
- Hands-on and self-driven
- Passionate about community best practices, principles, concepts, and technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with a geographically-distributed workforce
- Ability to work across all functional organisations as well as levels in the organization
- Basic UI/UX design knowledge
- Multi-tasker who understands how to develop tactical plans that align with the company's strategy
- A dislike of email and an understanding that there are better ways to communicate and collaborate
- of the Cloud version of Jive Software
- External social media knowledge
- A good understanding of social media listening platforms I.e. Brandwatch
- An Understanding of Integrated systems.