Jive for Support - Use Cases

Version 16

Work In Progress. Main owner: Hernan Guelman. Open for collaboration.

This document lists the different support related use cases and how Jive could fit into these use cases.

Important Notes:

• This document is agnostic to the 3rd party system used outside of Jive (SalesForce, Zendesk, ServiceNow etc')
    • The document's is only an overview of possibilities, not an indication of what is or should be supported.
    • The goal is to capture the high level use cases. We understand that there are many details (and that the is there). Deep dive on each use case and the issues with current implementations is to be dealt with in future documents.

1: Knowledge Management

Description: Jive will be the repository of KB documents for end users to find via search or curated portals.

Actor 1: End user

In JiveIn 3rd party system
    1. Find a solution to a problem
      1. Search and find KB articles via Jive search
      2. Discover content via curated or machine learned suggested content in a landing page
    N/A

Actor 2: Community Manager / Support Engineer

1. Manage KB documents
      1. Create native Jive KB documents (not linked to external system)
      2. Surface and update linked KB documents in Jive, have the update sync to the external system (including deleted / archived articles being removed from SFDC)
    1. Publish and Manage KB documents
      1. Batch export of KB articles from external system into Jive
      2. Individual export of KB article in external system into Jive
      3. Manage all linked articles (update, delete) affecting Jive documents as well as 3rd party system content
      4. Update a linked KB article, have the changes sync to Jive document
      5. Publish the same document to multiple Jive places (1:many publish)
      6. Manage entitlements - some documents should stay internal only 3rd-party system and not be exported / public
      7. (TBD - recommend further due diligence) Content translation / publish in multiple languages based on single root document
      8. Filtering and search capabilities through articles in order to sync to Jive / update

Details:

• Embed images should be synced
    • Attachments should be synced
    • Comments and social actions on the Jive KB article do not trigger a sync event
    • Ability to manage internal & external KB articles in 3rd party system: Internal docs should not get to Jive
    • Ability to map articles based on other 3rd party characteristics such as "channels", determining if a article is published and to where.
    • Article deletion on the Jive side will sync to deletion on 3rd party system
    • Within Jive Knowledge Sync - the articles should be filterable and searchable by multiple fields (audience channel, last updated, author, last created, alphabetical by title,)
    • Application of tags, categories, quickly and batched, within SFDC or JIve, without clicking to enter edit screen for individual articles. Categories, tags, etc can be ported from space to space.

2: Community Questions and Escalation (NQLB)

Description: Questions asked in the Jive community are monitored and escalated automatically to a 3rd-party ticketing system if they are not replied to and marked "correct answer" within a specified time frame OR manually based on an authorized user or admin escalating. Escalated tickets and Jive questions remain in sync until the ticket is closed (question is marked correct answer).

1. Ask: Ask a community question and know that if the community does not address my question, a support representative (employee) will be notified.
    2. Interact: Get updates to my questions in the form of comments, and I can reply back in Jive.
    3. Resolve: Resolve the question or I can notice it was resolved by the agent (by marking a reply "correct answer")
    N/A

Actor 2: Community Manager / support Engineer

1. Manual Escalate: With special permissions, an agent/CM can escalate a question outside of the normal SLA rules and auto-monitoring logic.
    2. Interact: Reply to Jive community questions using standard Jive functionality
    3. Resolve: Mark replies as "Correct Answer"
    1. Track: I can track open tickets using the standard tools provided in the 3rd party ticketing system. Jive community questions that did not get answered are automatically escalated to a ticket, so monitoring my queue in the ticketing system assures that I will get to any and all unanswered questions in the community.
    2. Interact: I can reply to the ticket and that reply is automatically posted to Jive. I can also add images and attachments without living my ticketing system interface. Updates to the question done in the community by community members such as the original poster adding a comment will be reflected in the ticket and affect the "last update date".
      1. Notifications: when a ticket is updated, I get a notification or it is reflected in an otherwise native to the platform way such as last-update-date being updated.
    3. Resolve: I can resolve/close the ticket and it will be reflected in Jive by adding a comment and marking it as "correct answer"

Details:

• Auto Escalation:
      • Service monitors Jive community for questions that have gone answered for <x> hours and automatically creates tickets in 3rd party system if condition met.
      • Condition may include: Question is in specific place, reply marked as "Correct Answer", Has any reply (not by the original author)
      • Option to escalate to an internal Jive Q such as Jive Inbox of a specific person (logic may be: place owners, named user, role)
    • Service maintains 2 way sync so that actions in Jive are reflected in the ticket and actions in ticketing system are reflected in jive. This includes
      • Replies/Comments
      • Life-cycle changes (resolve, re-open)
      • Images/Attachments

3: Private Support Cases - B2C or B2B (Individual Ticketing)

Description: Some questions need to be asked privately, and there is no room for community collaboration. As an end user in a B2C use case or individual business user that has a private IT request, there needs to be a path to create tickets and support cases that are not visible to anyone else. We also need to provide a unified view of my cases, that may have started via the Jive community, but could also have started via email, phone etc'.

The centralization of all support tickets that a customer organization has opened, with the ability to browse through latest updates that have been entered into our SFDC case and then synced over to Jive. Ability to look at all cases historical and open, search, add comments that are synced to SFDC, review attachments, images, etc.

1. Ask: Open a ticket from Jive via dedicated UI element (Tile, APP Action). Provide basic information on my ask.
    2. Interact: Track the status of my private tickets, which are not community questions. Be able to see updates from the agent handling the ticket and reply with more information as needed. 
    3. Resolve: Be able to track and update the state of my tickets.  Including history and those created outside of Jive.
    N/A

Details:

1. Complexity of open private ticket :
      1. Basic: Subject; body as simple text and attachments
      2. Advance; Ability to customize the form with fields according to custom 3rd party implementation
    2. Ability to block end user from updating and open ticket (change status, add comments etc'): Some implementations would like to "lock" the ticket to agent only updates, making it read-only for end user.
    3. Examples of possible implementations
      1. Personalized Tile that can be used in Jive Pages. Tile can display tickets related to the active user, as well as provide actions such as open new ticket.
      2. App Actions (links) that appear for certain users in certain groups or from the home page. Clicking on the link may open windows that enable creating new tickets or seeing exciting tickets.

Actor 2: Community Manager / support Engineer

N/A
    1. Track: I can track open tickets using the standard tools provided in the 3rd party ticketing system regardless of where they are initiated. Jive community questions that did not get answered are automatically escalated to a ticket, so monitoring my queue in the ticketing system assures that I will get to any and all unanswered questions in the community.
    2. Interact: I can reply to the ticket and that reply is automatically posted to Jive. I can also add images and attachments, without living my ticketing system interface. Updates to the question done in the community by community members such as the original poster adding a comment will be reflected in the ticket and affect the "last update date".
      1. Link to Jive KB articles in my reply
      2. Ability to trigger notification in 3rd party system for updated tickets if such notification system exists.
    3. Resolve: I can resolve/close the ticket and it will be reflected in Jive by adding a comment and marking it as "correct answer"

Details:

1. Ability to set up and update a predefined set of information that will be collected when they create a case in their private group: (50 fields that are configurable in terms of title, required/not required, dependancies)
    2. Bidirectional sync of a diverse set of support channels - where details added to SFDC cases assigned to a customer org are ported into Jive within this private group for access by designated contacts.

4: Private Support Cases - B2B (Group Ticketing)

Description: In the B2B use case we simply expand the visibility requirements around the "end user" to recognize that end users are grouped into "companies". This means that we need to recognize that between "private" and "community" there is now a new need to track tickets in the scope of a company. Any "end user" that belongs to the same "company" has visibility and entitlements to all the tickets related to that "company."